Tgace in motion

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In practice it's a LOT like MA drills where you do the same technique (block/punch) over and over again to ingrain muscle memory.

Yeah guess it would be really. The closest I have been to an Assault Rifle would be in pixel land, but I can imagine a lot of what you are doing there is muscle memory and thought process linked to that.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah guess it would be really. The closest I have been to an Assault Rifle would be in pixel land, but I can imagine a lot of what you are doing there is muscle memory and thought process linked to that.

Assault rifles have a switch for burst and/or full auto fire. I doubt that TGace was firing an assault rifle.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Assault rifles have a switch for burst and/or full auto fire. I doubt that TGace was firing an assault rifle.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.
You are correct. Semi only. ;)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy's, how do you tell between both. Is that overall experience or some obvious visual cue that would not be obvious to me?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no way to tell from a distance. The switch is too small. But assault rifles are only rarely found in civilian hands. Owning one requires the purchaser to go through a state and federal background check to get ATF approval, as well as paying some taxes. I did that recently to buy a silencer. It's time consuming...

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no way to tell from a distance. The switch is too small. But assault rifles are only rarely found in civilian hands. Owning one requires the purchaser to go through a state and federal background check to get ATF approval, as well as paying some taxes. I did that recently to buy a silencer. It's time consuming...

I can imagine. One question if I may. Silencer and Suppressor the same thing?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can imagine. One question if I may. Silencer and Suppressor the same thing?

Yeah. Silencer is the more common name, supressor is the more accurate name. Because they don't really silence them. There's no "pfft pfft" like you see in the movies. It just supresses the noise. Mine is mounted on a .Glock 41, which is a .45ACP handgun. I can fire it without needing any hearing protection, but it's not going "pfft pfft".

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
To be fair though... "Assault Weapon" has become a common term for Ar's, AK's, SCARS, etc. It's even the legal term for those types of weapons in some states.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair though... "Assault Weapon" has become a common term for Ar's, AK's, SCARS, etc. It's even the legal term for those types of weapons in some states.

Yes, but that's simply an example of how widespread ignorance can be.

These are the same people who define any weapon with black plastic bits as an assault rifle.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but that's simply an example of how widespread ignorance can be.

These are the same people who define any weapon with black plastic bits as an assault rifle.

Well yeah fair enough. Don't forget you Americans have access to these weapons. It is not ignorance Professor, just country to country. Me, assault rifles, are what they look like. Remember that when thinking about who knows what :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well yeah fair enough. Don't forget you Americans have access to these weapons. It is not ignorance Professor, just country to country. Me, assault rifles, are what they look like. Remember that when thinking about who knows what :)

Of course it's ignorance. That's what ignorance IS.

The good news is that ignorance is relatively easy to remedy. You just have to be willing to learn.

Stupidity, on the other hand, would seem to be incurable.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it's ignorance. That's what ignorance IS.

The good news is that ignorance is relatively easy to remedy. You just have to be willing to learn.

Stupidity, on the other hand, would seem to be incurable.

Indeed. I will defer to you're good judgement then lol.

Latest Discussions