Testing Tonight

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've been practicing DanZan Ryu Jujutsu for about four years now. At first, I started the system in order to get better at ground work and to supplement my tuite. I wasn't interested in testing. Tang Soo Do is my primary art and always will be.

Lately, though, I've become more interested in advancement and I've set myself the goal of earning shodan in the system. I'm not there yet, but getting my green belt tonight will be a step in the right direction. I'll post results tonight.

upnorthkyosa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck, Kyosanim.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck! Some day you may be glad that you're certified to teach something else--for advertising purposes if none other.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Best of luck to you!!:asian:

Please let us know how things go!

Mike

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
What's the format of your test?

1. Breakfalls...there are some required breakfalls that I must perform. These are variations on the basic ones. Like a jumping face fall and a jumping back fall. I also need to perform a no hand sutemi.

2. Yawara (hand techniques) kata and application/variation.

We perform the list. Then we apply the techniques against a resisting uki and then we show variations of the techniques against willing and unwilling uki.

3. Goshin Kata and application. These are advanced hand techniques and it pretty much follows the format above.

4. Nage Waza. I need to perform 13 throws on willing and unwilling partners.

5. Grappling - hold downs and application of yawara and goshin on willing and unwilling ukis.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good Luck tonight! I'm sure you'll ace it, you can fill us in on the details tomorrow. :asian:

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck! I'll be a white belt in jujitsu forever also (I only train once per week). But it'll be something to finally get my green belt ...someday LOL

Let us know how it goes.

RichK

Green Belt
Reaction score
Break thier leg up north. Why would I say "break a leg" instead of good luck cuz that statement should not apply to us.....hmmmmmm

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I passed...and I am tired. Sensei pulled out all of the stops. All in all, it wasn't too bad and in fact, I really am proud of myself as to how well I did at parts. One of the problems is that I've been doing a lot of this stuff for years and that some of it is dan level and some of it is not. So there is a disparity between techniques that is quite obvious. More later, I tweaked my neck a bit so I'm going to lay down.

upnorthkyosa

Latest Discussions