Terror threat of the week club...

I

Inigo Montoya

Is it just me, or does it seem like every other day theres a new "threat", but they can't tell us anything about it?
:shrug:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, considering what happened last month and was is happening now in the Middle East, every day carries some threat, whether real or imagined. Halloween is being looked at as a target date, since the cowardly pea-brained terrorist 'brain' may see the festive day as a good time to attack. I'd guess it'd also be a way to distribute biological and chemical agents to trick-or-treaters.

I think after you scrape away all of the media's hype and BS, the U.S. Government is simply saying, 'Be careful.'

Cthulhu

OP
I

Inigo Montoya

But its like every 5 minutes, some big govmnt muckyd muck is squacking about "be afreaid charlie...of what we cant tell you....BOO!!!!!"

It gets to the point of saturation..where you are so tired/used to hearing it, that you stop hearing it....and thats when something big will hit.

I dunno....I just want a tangible target to fraq. :cuss:

OP
G

GouRonin

Be careful, but don't let them make your life unbearable. As for the unknown, look at Isreal...they live their life even though they are at war. They go out to clubs, movies, parties, work etc. All during the whole thing. It's just a matter of adapting.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
True. There, gasmasks seem to be part of the regular outfits. :(

Its just that, here, you felt, I dunno, invulnerable? and now, we all feel unsafe, I guess. Like, if it can happen here, whens the next one? And all these Anthrax bits makes it even more nerve racking. I just go about my daily stuff, best as I can. Figure, if im meant to go, I go. Until then, I just move forward. and pray to the gods that its over quick.

Its funny....as martial artists, we train for war, and conflict, but always hope we never have to use the knowledge we possess.