tendonitis?

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yesterday in training, I actually had to quit due to excruciating pain in each of my biceps, equal pain in each of them, which means it wasn't an acute injury.

One of the guys I was training with said it was tendonitis, that he's dealt with it before. But I have tendonitis on one of my knees and it's concentrated right on the tendon, whereas this pain in my biceps was evenly spread throughout the entire mass of the muscle. Have any of you ever run into anything like this in your experience? It really intensified when I was holding the focus mitts for my training partner.

I was in total agony for about an hour until I hit the Advil, and the drive home was scary as hell considering I could barely move my arms - all I have to say is thanks God for ibuprofen. But I'd really like to avoid dependence upon an anti-inflammatory. What's going on and what should I do?

Thanks.

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
See a doctor if it interferes with daily activity or worries you. Ice it, rest it either way.

By the way, nice signature, that's a great movie.

K

kenpojujitsu

Try Gutong Plaster from Tianhe Pharmaceuticals - usually available at Chinese Grociery stores and herbal shops. I am sure it will help.

OP
Jagermeister

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Is this Gutong Plaster meant to remedy tendonitis? If not, what do you think the cause of the pain was?

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
I use Tiger balm ultra daily. I've heard Jit De Jow (sp?) works well also. I don't know much about tendons and their problems.

OP
Jagermeister

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've ordered some Dit da Jow, but it is supposed to be primarily a bruising remedy. What ailments does this Tiger Balm Ultra remedy?

Latest Discussions