Tekko/Kubaton/Fistload

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I carry a tactical pen, a tactical flash light, a folder, and a fixed blade.
The pen can be utilized as a pen, a kubaton, a loaded fist.
The flash light can be utilized as a light, a kubaton, a loaded fist.
The folder prior to being opened can be utilized as a kubaton or a loaded fist. When opened the same but with a edge.
Same with the fixed blade.
A torch is fine to carry here (Australia), or a pen for that matter, but the moment you carry a 'tactical' torch or a 'tactical' pen it becomes a legal grey area. They can be classified as weapons. Knives here are totally out of the question unless you have a legitimate reason to be carrying one. Self defence is not a reason.

Kubatons themselves are actually illegal here unless you have a weapons licence, too expensive to bother with unless you are doing a lot of weapon training, and even having a licence to carry a kubaton doesn't give you authority to use it. A good solid pen or an appropriate torch give you the equivalent options and most attackers would not think of them as weapons if you lost either in an altercation.

Jacky Zuki

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Kubotans are illegal to carry here in the UK as well. I'm rather glad about that though as I was teaching in a rather rough secondary school before the ban and it was a game among the students to "tag" teachers with a quick kubotan strike to the hip, thigh, elbow or knee in crowded corridors. They don't do much damage but they are really annoying.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kubotans are illegal to carry here in the UK as well.

Actually they aren't as such, the only ones that are specifically illegal are the ones with spikes. If you are stopped by the police and are carrying a kubatan, it will depend on the circumstances of the 'stop' whether it's going to be classed as an offensive weapon or not.

OP
S

Sapphire

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good grief. All of these laws in Australia and the UK make me feel better about the amount of laws concerning guns in America. I live in a rather progressive state that has tried very hard to ban guns, but thankfully hasn't succeeded yet. I can't imagine not being allowed to carry anything for self defense. Not because I absolutely need it but simply because people should have the freedom to carry as they choose, as long as they using it for defense, not offense.

Latest Discussions