Kame

White Belt
Reaction score
Teaching Karate without traditional Katas, but replacing them with modern/revised techniques, restructuring the belt ranking system and requirements.

I am assuming, like previous masters before us, that I can create a different form of Karate. For example: Takeshi Azuma, the founder of Kudo Daido Juku.

Disclaimer: New to this website and creating a forum lol.

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Teaching Karate without Katas, restructure the belt ranking system and requirements.

What is the purpose of this thread? Is it to discuss how to create karate without kata, discuss whether or not that would modernize karate (if karate needs modernization), discuss how the ranking system should be restructured, or to inform us "getting rid of kata and restructuring the belt system would modernize karate".

Because it sounds like the last one...but if it is, you've given us no reason to think so, or even explained what about the belt ranking system/requirements needs restructuring.

Mitlov

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Karate that has replaced traditional kata with modern/revised kata?

You mean Enshin Karate, as just one example?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teaching Karate without traditional Katas, but replacing them with modern/revised techniques, restructuring the belt ranking system and requirements.

I am assuming, like previous masters before us, that I can create a different form of Karate. For example: Takeshi Azuma, the founder of Kudo Daido Juku.

So, in what traditional style(s) of Karate have you attained Mastery?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think @Kame needs to come back and add some information before we start guessing at what he is getting at. If he declines to comment further, then the thread should die. There is simply no point in getting into the same old debates based on guessing what an OP means in his first post, with no further contribution to the discussion.

If his intent was to drop a grenade and then see if the Masses scramble, that is pretty trollish.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, Kame.

It seems a big responsibility to create a Martial Art. Do you have a background similar to Takeshi Azuma?

Latest Discussions