Teach Jeet kune do?

Roger Tyson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I know a little bit about the art, but would love to learn more. Is there anyone willing to take on a student? You dont need to be a world champion, but as long as you know something about it and want to teach what you know. Maybe I can teach you some things too?

simplicity

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know a little bit about the art, but would love to learn more. Is there anyone willing to take on a student? You dont need to be a world champion, but as long as you know something about it and want to teach what you know. Maybe I can teach you some things too?

I teach "IT", here in Michigan...

OP
R

Roger Tyson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That is a long way to travel. I have read Bruce Lees book Tao in Jeet Kune Do and got a basic understanding of the art, but as you probably know it is not exactly a book that teaches a lot more than principles.
If you have some exercises, combos or something like that I would love it. For example I got a list of different striking combos from a boxing trainer some days ago. I loved it!! I might not learn as well as I would if I was there with someone to show and correct me, but I am pretty much like a spunge. I like to try as much as I can, and JKD is one of the most facinating styles I know. And I believe it is possible to develop some skills that way.

It might be a strange request, and you might have a lot better things to spend your time on, but I am a good student. Maybe you can see it as an experiment..

aznsparks

White Belt
Reaction score
If you can't find a suitable Jeet Kune Do school, try getting boxing training/Wing Chun/Fencing (Preferably a mix) and supplement with something like jkdlessons.com (Taught by Tim Tackett's students/himself).
Jeet Kune Do isn't hard to learn online if you already have a strong base in martial arts, but if you've never stepped foot inside a school you won't be able to learn properly.

OP
R

Roger Tyson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ok. I have been training a little boxing and on the mma school I was in Scottland we had a Wing Chun teacher that had some lessons from time to time. So I have a little knowledge about those style. A minimum but still. My base is from Sanshou, and from what I understand the basic stance there is a bit more like boxing or kickboxing than JKD or other more traditional kung fu stance. It is not that wide. But I think JKD is fascinating much because of the simplicity and connection to taoism, so I was thinking more like a source of inspiration.

Latest Discussions