Tea

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's Twining's Everyday tea. Stephen Fry has just done a series on America where he travels in aLondon taxi to every state, it's very good.

Indeed, great show. Wonderful actor/writer/producer/comedic specimen.

I drink tea on a daily basis, green, black, always piping hot, always refreshing. I'm partial to Earl Grey in particular, Yorkshire Tea (although I'm not from the Independent Republic of Yorkshire :D) and Assam. I once tried ice tea, and thought it was a crime against humanity. ;)

I'm heartened by the amount of US types embracing civilisation and tea drinking, always rather thought of the US as being a coffee nation. Which, I only drink when there's nothing else around, or when it's made for me.

I bloody love tea. Come to my house, and I'll put the kettle on! We'll drink tea and talk nonsense.

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Harrogate is a great place to visit and it's also situated in the best place in England - Yorkshire. Some folk call Yorkshire "God's Own County" and when you visit it it is easy to see why. :)

Admittedly, most of those people are FROM Yorkshire. ;) I've never met a Yorkshire lad/lass who wasn't proud of being from there. It's not the same being from the West Midlands.

My relatives are in Sheffield, is that where you're from?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D Beat me to it, Hagakure :lol:.

My current 'working' tea of choice is Twinings Everyday. That gets me through and is very tolerant of changes in water/kettle/milk et al.

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
:D Beat me to it, Hagakure :lol:.

My current 'working' tea of choice is Twinings Everyday. That gets me through and is very tolerant of changes in water/kettle/milk et al.

:D Is that with reference to the Yorkshire comment? Or the West Mids? Or both?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Yorkist Divine Origins Oligarchy being largely espoused by Yorkshiremen observation :D.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to live in a city which embraced craft beverages wholeheartedly from the microbrewing and espresso revolutions to microdistilling and now teahouses.

Unfortunately, it's still hard to find our favorite go-to tea anywhere. That would be African Pride from Tanzania. Most of it ends up in English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast blends. It tastes good. It has sufficient life-giving caffeine. Most of all it doesn't stew. You can brew it strong enough to lift bricks, and it won't turn bitter.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
wow, just discovered this thread, haven't read all the way thru it, but I also am a big fan of tea.

I used to drink coffee, but finally clued into the fact that it leaves my digestion chronically upset. I still like a cup of coffee, but I try to minimize how much I drink. Instead, I drink tea like there is no tomorrow. When I'm at my desk at work, I've ALWAYS got a cup of tea at hand.

Mostly Irish Breakfast, but also Earl Grey, Oolong, Darjeeling, stuff like that. Black teas are my favorite, I can't quite get excited about green teas and herbal teas.

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok guys,

Here's a question.

How do you drink yours...?

For me;

Green tea - as is.
Black (super market) tea - milk, 1 sugar.
Earl Grey - as is.

Cheers,

H

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
for the most part I drink my tea straight up.

Once in a while I will add honey and lemon. I find they gotta go together. Either alone is no good.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Green tea as is and generally Chinese style - meaning with the leaves in the cup and keep adding hot water. However I am drinking Hoji Cha at the moment without the leaves, but hey it's Japanese so I can get away with it. :D

Oolong - as is

Black tea - well it depends, Irish teas, British teas I add milk all others straight up (as is)

Earl Grey I no longer drink, somewhere along the way I lost the taste for it.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I love all kinds of green tea.
icon6.gif

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Black tea, Green tea, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Assam, Oolong, Darjeeling, and any other tea I've ever enjoyed - straight up

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bumping this because I'm drinking tea. That's why.

Also, it's good for you :)

Been drinking a lot of Puerh lately. Just got in a Numi Puerh tea brick. Kinda cool.

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
anyone find good macha in the US? What do you think of what Teavana sells (matcha wise)?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Bumping this because I'm drinking tea. That's why.

Also, it's good for you :)

Been drinking a lot of Puerh lately. Just got in a Numi Puerh tea brick. Kinda cool.

I've been drinking Numi Gun Powder tea and Puerh lately. I did not know they had a brick, I have been missing my brick of Pu erh tea

anyone find good macha in the US? What do you think of what Teavana sells (matcha wise)?

Wouldn't touch it. It is over priced and if you believe the studies I've read, loaded with a lot of non-tea stuff I don't want to drink

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
About stuff from Teavana? I'm not surprised. I got some matcha from there and it wasn't very good.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I want to get into tea. I always want to but I don't know enough about it

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I want to get into tea. I always want to but I don't know enough about it

What Xue said. Just add hot water and drink it straight.

Some cultures consider it an insult to add anything (like sugar) to the tea.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest Discussions