Taser vs. Pepper spray

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll add that with a contact stun gun, you HAVE to be aggressive with it's usage, and target VITAL POINTS..........the groin/pelvic girdle and the side of the neck are primary targets.......you can't expect to merely touch the opponent there and drop them, you have to PURSUE and drive through the target with the stun gun as if you're using it almost a striking weapon.

Hence the prongs... good post , I agree completely.

I used to carry both oc and a stun gun along with a folding blade and flashlight.
It wasnt till I ditched the oc and the stun gun and started carrying a larger fixed blade on my hip that I noticed a "deterrence" simply by the mere sight of it. Just the sight alone is enough for most. Even the more hardened ones still understand the sign language coming from my demeanor and my hip.... Its clear as day.
I too live in a "bad area" in wich people are stabbed and shot often along with other despicable acts... I have had to adapt to it by speaking thier language... I walk with conviction, and a big blade on my hip... the big stuff is a couple blocks away if not in the car. "they" understand completely and often comment at random "damn, wouldnt want to get poked with that"...
not to mention the 9" light with the striker tip....

In my opinion I would rather have more and not than need more and not have....
I pray that I never have to pound meat with my blade or any tool for that matter but I am fordamnsure they do too ;)...thats the point

just an opinion guys...

Respectfully
Broderick

Last edited:

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of stun guns (for myself). If I am close enough to a BG to be able to reach a vital target with my short arms, then something bad has happened. I don't think I'd be relying on a stun gun at that point. That's even before the legal issues (of living on a state line).

Now maybe if they would make a pepper spray/stun gun/brass knuckles/dagger combo! Good for many ranges!

Deaf

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now maybe if they would make a pepper spray/stun gun/brass knuckles/dagger combo! Good for many ranges!

Deaf

That's why I think the Tigerlight T-100 is a good choice.........in combination with a concealed handgun. It provides tactical lighting, which is always a must when carrying a self-defense firearm, as well as a less than lethal option to deter other threats.

Last edited:

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree completely with carrying a good hand-torch with a "less lethal" striker bezel or tailcap or both.
I have yet to use mine for "personal protection" accept torching a couple wandering mad-dogs in the face. However I have used it to save a little girl who was about to get hit by a speeding truck while crodssing the street(I literally had to blast thier eyes out with the beam to get them to completely stop).

I carry and use a 150 lumen hellfighter X12:

3.jpg

Specifications:

• Length: 6.5”
  • Width Head: 1.5”
  • Width Body: 1.0” Nominal
  • Weight: 9.1 oz
  • Material: Mil Std 6061 511 T6 Aircraft Aluminum Alloy, Body functions as heat sink.
  • Lamp: Xenon/Halogen/Argon High Intensity vapor-sealed, incandescent High Temperature Filament Bulb.
  • Wattage: 6.5 watts
  • Voltage: 6 Volts Nominal, 7.2 volts in rechargeable mode.
  • Output: 150 Lumens/115 Lumens Rechargeable
  • Runtime: To 1 hour, dependent on battery performance.
  • Lamp Mounting: Permanent Soldered, Spring Isolated Shock resistant on weapon axis to 1250G.
  • Lens: Optical Grade Borosilicate Glass, Iridium coated for 5500k daylight equivalent beam.
  • Reflector: Parabolic Shaped silver halide coated over etch-stippled finish to eliminate filament ring shadows.
  • Remote Switch: Pressure pad, waterproof 6 and 12 inch cable, replaces tail cap.
  • Power source: (2) 123 series Lithium Batteries Rechargeable, (1)3.7 volt 2400MA battery.

OP
Flea

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, here it is:

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/400kv-scorpion-stun-gun-sp400.html

We had our maiden voyage down the street with it tonight. I love the feature of the safety switch at the end of the handle. It is rather cumbersome and I had to pocket it while I did the Dawg Scoop, although I do that with the pepper spray too. And it's rather large and conspicuous, so I pocketed it (the stun gun that is, not the dawg scoop) when I ran into a colleague/neighbor lest he think I'm a little off. :uhyeah: We are working together on some projects after all.

That said, I think that once I get the feel for it this will be a good option until I can get outta Dodge. I would feel more comfortable if I could find some training with it. Can anyone recommend something?

Latest Discussions