FabianKreutzerSound

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm practicing Taichi Chuan and Qi Gong for years. It gives me power and relaxation and also inspires me as a musician. I've composed many songs because of martial arts.

A couple of days ago I uploaded my Video
"1 HOUR RELAXED ASIAN MARTIAL ARTS MUSIC ".

What's your opinion about the music? I'm very interested in your thoughts. If the first song doesn't match your taste, please skip a bit forward to get an impression.

Thanks for your time and feedback. :)

Fabian

greytowhite

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't really listen to music when I practice. It's pretty demanding on the mind to practice internals, music is too distracting.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks, but like the others, I prefer to practice in silence.
However, every now and then, I do a section of a form to this track, just to get my blood up.
(I move every two bars, not on every beat, so it's still a slow form.)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks, but like the others, I prefer to practice in silence.
However, every now and then, I do a section of a form to this track, just to get my blood up.
(I move every two bars, not on every beat, so it's still a slow form.)

Sure post video that ONLY show in Canada. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Bah! How about these? (Libertango by Piazzolla, with Yo-Yo Ma)

Those worked, Iike it. I like the Cello, if I had it to do over again I would have taken up the Cello instead of the Guitar.... that way I could have a Cello collecting dust in my house instead of 3 different Guitars :D

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
To the OP: to each his own, but many of us concentrate while practicing, and find music to be a distraction. Personally, I see your music as relaxing (yin), useful if the intention (yi) of the practice were to relax. Sometimes it is, sometimes it is not. But it's nice music.

OP
F

FabianKreutzerSound

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for your feedback.
For me music helps a lot to push the switch between my busy life and my tai chi practice in the evening.
I prefere music with easy melodies, so it doesn't get to distracting when I practice.
Of course I can not listen to my own music while practicing, because i would always analyse my music :)

Thank you all for your comments.

Fabian

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
To the OP: to each his own, but many of us concentrate while practicing, and find music to be a distraction. Personally, I see your music as relaxing (yin), useful if the intention (yi) of the practice were to relax. Sometimes it is, sometimes it is not. But it's nice music.

I think it depends on the mindset. I need to "flow" when properly doing this, or some of the flow based drills in the FMA I study. I found that in the beginning the music helped because I am someone who tends to "over think" things sometimes. If I find the right music though I flow and do not think.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At my school we always practice with mindless techno/house music playing, as I've found that nearly all violent encounters have taken place in such environments.

I am kidding, y'all. We do a round-robin type of Pandora station selecting at the beginning of each class, with the newbies not being told the rules, which are simple: If you don't toss something out which gets at least 2 "Yeah, that'll work" from the upper ranks, then it defaults back to my Van Halen station.

I've converted a lot of teenagers to the Eddie Van Halen guitar sound, just sayin'...

Latest Discussions