Taekwondo Doesn't work on someone skilled

Ruhaani

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Like the moderators have said lets get back to earth and talk about the martial aspect of taekwondo as the rest is to deep for some..if anyone wants sources please go on your own quest for knowledge..and I happily await anyone with the experience of the deeper aspects of the art which im sure there must be someone on this forum

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
f anyone wants sources please go on your own quest for knowledge
The whole point of siting a source for a claim is to see where YOU have gotten the information from so that others can check it for accuracy. If you are unable or unwilling to cite the source for your claim then it cannot be taken on face value just because you say so.

Ruhaani

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The whole point of siting a source for a claim is to see where YOU have gotten the information from so that others can check it for accuracy. If you are unable or unwilling to cite the source for your claim then it cannot be taken on face value just because you say so.
Dont worry about it im hoping someone might popup on here..how do you start a new thread? I usually use this forum on a app [emoji17]

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh so now people are citing sources. I thought we were all our own expert or something silly.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Fight it out and take a video of it. The shortest end to a dispute is a fight lol.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'd watch it. Do we have a TKD volunteer?

Tames D, what style do you do? Just so I can get the title correct in my TKD vs ... writeup

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
NO. It's my opinion that Taekwondo is junk.

Junk in what sense?

Often when people say that taekwondo is junk, when you peel the onion you find out that what they mean is that "taekwondo is not the best martial art for self-defense." But if that's the definition of "junk", then almost all martial arts are junk, since presumably there's only one "best".

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
..................................e..first of all going back to the human 'being' we have layers that extend outwards but where not the only beings that have these layers on different planes of existence on our earth and planets there are many many kinda of beings that I dont wana go into

As for taekwondo I still think its very useful if the practitioner is skillful in controlling his subtle points all martial arts are amazing in there own right

Learn to keep your manners and repect others view points...

Based on the foregoing there is no point in any further disagreement with Ruhaani posst vis a vis non scientific principals.

As far as respect goes. while I believe it important to respect the right of people to have opinions, I do not have to respect opinions I consider to be nothing more than balderdash - Creationist / intelligent design theorists take note.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Often when people say that taekwondo is junk, when you peel the onion you find out that what they mean is that "taekwondo is not the best martial art for self-defense."

Or they assume that what they were taught is TKD and they are assuming everyone teaches either the way do or they way they were taught. Too much generalisation. with thousands of TKD places training there will always be good and bad as there is with anything not just martial arts.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Based on the foregoing there is no point in any further disagreement with Ruhaani posst vis a vis non scientific principals.

As far as respect goes. while I believe it important to respect the right of people to have opinions, I do not have to respect opinions I consider to be nothing more than balderdash - Creationist / intelligent design theorists take note.[/QUOTE]

Agree!
1907444_10152658963671605_6923530260721565703_n.jpg

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm struggling to make sense of this series of posts regarding a video clip that did not even feature Taekwondo....

Well, no... I think it would be more accurate to say that there is entertainment in it, using some pseudo-science as a prop.
But no real science.

So it's your opinion that the "science" in that show is actually good science?

NO. It's my opinion that Taekwondo is junk.

And that's all that it is, an opinion.

Anyway...my personal expression of Taekwondo works just fine for me, so Tames D and the OP, your opinions and your failure to back them up with coherent evidence and reasoning are in my opinion, to use Tames D's word, junk.

If you think the art is rubbish, don't practice it, and leave those of us who understand it to crack on. Slating an art based on cliches and generalisations not supported by evidence says more about you than it does about that art.

Latest Discussions