Tactical "Street Gear"

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Besides the obvious self-defense "toys"...knives,sprays,guns,lights,etc. What other sorts of gear do you put some thought into?

I always try to wear a good pair of boots. The protection and stability factor are improtant. A good pair of cut resistant (kevlar/spectra lined) bio-hazard protective gloves can be lifesavers and they arent much bulkier than regular leather. Glasses. Many manufacturers are making balistic grade eyewear that are stylish and inconspicuous.

Anything else?

maybe a long light long sleeved shirt. I do however prefer regular leather gloves. but i think you pretty much got everything covered.

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok these all sound like great ways of protecting yourself but what about on a really hot day when you would look a bit weird wearing jackets and gloves?
I try to wear loose fitting trousers so that my movements aren't restricted and good shoes that aren't slippery in case I need to make a fast exit!
But I tend to stay away from all the trouble spots.

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol, I was about to ask this question!
I was wondering what to wear to?
I dont know how to do quotes from previous replies but what I would say is that I'm one of those people who has all the gear from The Matrix and will walk around in it on a boiling hot summers day (if somebody doesn't stop me), I'm just weird lol!
Where do you get those sort of gloves though? I've been looking at British Police Ones, seeing they are nice, though do you have a website with the ones you've been looking at?
Boots, I would have thought sometimes they would weight your legs down when kicking but then again they are good for running in depending on the size of the boots!
What about top wear, somebody said a long sleeve shirt and I would agree but what about jeans? For example, if you want to go on a night out and look smart, you generally wear smart trousers (oh no, kicking is now harder) though I have found a nice pair that look like jeans but are loose! Anyway will stop waffling now!

Latest Discussions