Systema on Discovery's MILITARY CHANNEL!

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As some of you know, Systema was filmed by the Discovery channel in October 2007 at the United Nations and in Texas. Some of this will now be aired in the USA this Sunday, February 17th at 10:00pm (Eastern Standard Time). The episode will then be repeated on Tuesday February 19th at 2:00pm EST, Sunday February 24th at 7:00pm EST, and Monday February 25th at 2:00am EST. There may be other showing and times so check with your local listings.

Russian Martial Art will be featured on the Discovery Military Channel, the program series "Weaponology," during the Spetsnaz episode. This is the description as listed on the Discovery Military Website:

"Spetsnaz are Russia's elite fighting force. From counter terrorist strike squads to special operations experts spearheading the Red Army, these ultimate warriors strike hard and fast"...

The following are some channel listings where the show will be airing in North America:

DishNetwork channel 195
DirectTV channel 287
Time Warner Cable channels 112/843
Comcast channel 274
RCN channel 148
Cox channel 105
Rogers Cable channel 243

Please check with your local provider for the channel lineup

Brian King

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. I just set my DVR to record it on Charter Channel 111.

OP
Brian King

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Thanks for the heads-up"
you are welcome

"I just set my DVR"

Grrrr I do not have a DVR or Tivo or any of that new fangled recorder stuff. I have a VCR somewhere, I think, and today I am attending an airsoft force on force seminar so will likely not be able to see the show until one of the later showings and with my crazy hours may miss the show completely. Hope that it turns out to be a good show, there is no telling what material they (discovery channel) use and what they keep for later different shows. Oh well, it is all good and I rarely mind not being up to date on TV and such.

Brian

Mista-X

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this has been posted on youtube or anything? I've looked around bit but no luck, I've only found the Go Warrior! one which is good but old now.

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here is a link to the first part:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzD8TrG5d5Q
From here you should be able to find the rest of the episode.

The show focused mainly on Russian firearms and had very little in the way of subject matter experts there were a few, but not many. Still it was entertaining and it was nowhere near as bad as the episode focusing on the U.S. Army Rangers.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I posted about this episode here on FMAT. They mentioned rukopashka boi, sambo, and systema. Mikhail Ryabko and Vlad Vasiliev are seen.

D Dempsey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Actually speaking of the weaponolgy series, were any of them any good? It honestly seemed like they went out and found a bunch of guys who thought whatever group was awesome and had them talk about it as opposed to actually finding real experts who were members of said groups.