Systema a discussion

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
which,, the fat old man bit, well yes and its a point ive made to you in the past, its of no value to invoke a top class athlete or an elite unit and say look this MA is effective because they do it ,unless you could get work as a body double for who ever your pointing at, even if that a body double for an ageing mike Tyson

And it is no value to invoke a fit person to show the value of a fitness routine.

You have to show fat average people.

Greubel's Mixed Martial Arts Testimonials — Greubel's MMA

Or Maby if the program works people become more than average.

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And it is no value to invoke a fit person to show the value of a fitness routine.

You have to show fat average people.
its of little value to invoke an Olympian track cyclist to show the value of popping down to the shops on your dutch bike with a wicker basket( are you listening Victoria pendleton)

seller of rubbish home gym equipment commonly have a slim muscly athlete to sell it, if you think your going to end up with even the remotest resemblance to them in appearance and performance your extremely gullible.

so no pointing at extremely fit people is not a good example of what can be achieved, by fat over weight middle aged people

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
its of little value to invoke an Olympian track cyclist to show the value of popping down to the shops on your dutch bike with a wicker basket( are you listening Victoria pendleton)

seller of rubbish home gym equipment commonly have a slim muscly athlete to sell it, if you think your going to end up with even the remotest resemblance to them in appearance and performance your extremely gullible.

so no pointing at extremely fit people is not a good example of what can be achieved, by fat over weight middle aged people

This is an example of courage gym in Townsville and my gym.

20200615_074009.jpg

This is what is achieved.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is an example of courage gym in Townsville and my gym.

View attachment 22889

This is what is achieved.
so where is the fat middle aged one that ended up looking like an elite athlete ? and if you can find one, you wont find many more, i know this as i am middle aged and was fat and five years of effort have made me look like a low level athlete, which is a result im pleased with to be honest, mostly coz there is not another 50/60 year old for miles that has done it, even then im not expecting a call from the SAS or dana white

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
so where is the fat middle aged one that ended up looking like an elite athlete ? and if you can find one, you wont find many more, i know this as i am middle aged and was fat and five years of effort have made me look like a low level athlete, which is a result im pleased with to be honest, mostly coz there is not another 50/60 year old for miles that has done it, even then im not expecting a call from the SAS or dana white

There are a few middle aged guys that look like athletes.

20200615_080806.jpg

7 guys over 40 in that photo. A couple hitting 50.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are a few middle aged guys that look like athletes.

View attachment 22890

7 guys over 40 in that photo. A couple hitting 50.
i though it was ELITE athletes of which we were talking about and more especially fat middle aged people that have achieved that

and which one are you saying looks like an athlete ? non of them are beach body ready, that fat one on the left really needs to hit the gym, the girl on the right is the most convincing, she does at least have some muscle tone in her arms

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i though it was ELITE athletes of which we were talking about and more especially fat middle aged people that have achieved that

and which one are you saying looks like an athlete ? non of them are beach body ready, that fat one on the left really needs to hit the gym, the girl on the right is the most convincing, she does at least have some muscle tone in her arms

Well then there we go. Basically stuffs your idea that I am using elite athletes to make my point. 7 of those guys are active fighters.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well then there we go. Basically stuffs your idea that I am using elite athletes to make my point. 7 of those guys are active fighters.
Being an active fighter doesn’t make you an elite athlete I’ve seen plenty of guys get in the ring who are anything but elite especially these days with all this white collar nonsense

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well they look like **** then, clearly not elite fighters, unless the MMA scene in Australia has gone down the tubes

your clearly confusing wearing sport wear with looking athletic, a mistake lots of over weight people make, non of them will get a gig selling sport equipment,, spend 500 dollars and you could look like this,,,, err no thanks

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well they look like **** then, clearly not elite fighters, unless the MMA scene in Australia has gone down the tubes

your clearly confusing wearing sport wear with looking athletic, a mistake lots of over weight people make, non of them will get a gig selling sport equipment,, spend 500 dollars and you could look like this,,,, err no thanks

You are the one who has said that there is some sort of elitist joining policy.

Now you know there obviously isn't.

If it is any consolation if you went to a gym with top BJJ guys. They are generally pretty dweeby looking guys.

Half of them are not beach body ready either.

It is legitimately just normal guys. Which has been my consistent point.

20200615_085007.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Being an active fighter doesn’t make you an elite athlete I’ve seen plenty of guys get in the ring who are anything but elite especially these days with all this white collar nonsense

The white collar nonsense is a perfect example that good training is good for everyone.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
The white collar nonsense is a perfect example that good training is good for everyone.
The last white collar I went to was pathetic. The fighters literally weighed In then all went to the bar to get drunk together...the day before the fight...it was embarrassing and the fights were just trash I could’ve gone out and seen better fights in a line for a taxi. Plus the fact that most of them are very poorly run with awful matchmaking and no background checks on experience or health issues.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You are the one who has said that there is some sort of elitist joining policy.

Now you know there obviously isn't.

If it is any consolation if you went to a gym with top BJJ guys. They are generally pretty dweeby looking guys.

Half of them are not beach body ready either.

It is legitimately just normal guys. Which has been my consistent point.

View attachment 22891
, no what i clearly said is if you dont resemble an elite athlete you wont perform like an elite athlete, there is no choice in this matter,, what elite athletes look like changes from sport to sport, you have to train like an elite athlete to be one, if you train like one you end up looking like one,,, if you can

throwing up a group picture that looks like kicking out time at the over 50s lonely hearts club doesnt in anyway change that

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive had plenty of fights and I know how it works, its not about thinking about it, its about recognising it within movement, and adapting with my movement,

Why get under him?,
use all that energy throwing him, why not just move out the way
If you just get out of the way, what will stop the attack?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you just get out of the way, what will stop the attack?

If you did it indefinitely you would be undefeatable.

It is part of our gag corner routine we do. Where we will yell things like.

move out of the way of his punches.

Or

Just stand up.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
, no what i clearly said is if you dont resemble an elite athlete you wont perform like an elite athlete, there is no choice in this matter,, what elite athletes look like changes from sport to sport, you have to train like an elite athlete to be one, if you train like one you end up looking like one,,, if you can

throwing up a group picture that looks like kicking out time at the over 50s lonely hearts club doesnt in anyway change that

Tyson fury says different.
20200615_114029.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idea that when they transfer their weight and leave their vector in motion, they are off balance and open.
I understand that. But if you're not going to do anything (the post I quoted was contrasting the energy used for throwing versus simply evading), the attack likely continues.

Latest Discussions