Sword Scam?

Zealot

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I feel foolish so be gentle please. I ordered a Daisho from an internet web site and I believe I was scammed. http://www.japanesesword4sale.com I found a similar web site that looks familiar and I am hoping that I am proven wrong. They responded to my emails and such until they recieved payment and I asked for a tracking number. I am wondering if anyone else has heard of this site or have any experience. Please respond and let me know if anyone knows about this site.

SuperFLY

Green Belt
Reaction score
with a website name like that id think it was dodgy from the off.

appears to be 'down' at the moment too.. doubt its coming back.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, sad to say the fact that the site is 'down' is not a splendid sign :(. As you say, a lesson learned about the vagaries of internet 'commerce' but it speaks well that you are philosophical about it :tup:.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can file a police report, and they may -- I stress MAY -- be able to help. Unfortunately, a lot of these cases cross state and even national boundaries, and can be very hard to track down.

Sanke

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you've lost your money mate. A friend linked me to that site a while ago, and the alarm bells were going off even before I looked at one of the swords.
Here's hoping you're able to work something out, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you paid by credit card you may be able to stop the payment up to 3 monthes after the transaction took place.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How long past due is your order? How many emails have you sent that haven't been answered? Was there any indication in your prior emails that there may be a produciton delay? Did they give any indication of how long it would take to get your swords? Did you use a credit card that you can contest the charges if necessary?

These are all questions that need to be answered before anyone can give you real suggestions about how to go forward.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is why sites/forums like MT are very useful. There are enough legitimate MA-ists here to help with any thing even remotely dodgy.
Always remember ... if it sounds too good to be true... it probably is.

OP
Zealot

Zealot

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How long past due is your order? How many emails have you sent that haven't been answered? Was there any indication in your prior emails that there may be a produciton delay? Did they give any indication of how long it would take to get your swords? Did you use a credit card that you can contest the charges if necessary?

These are all questions that need to be answered before anyone can give you real suggestions about how to go forward.

The order is 4 weeks overdue. They kept emailing me telling me it would be here in a week, then they stopped responding the minute I asked for a tracking number. Thanks to my basket of discipline I take all this in stride. Yes I did use a credit card and I am looking at using the "sales protection" on it to retrieve my money, but in the end its all possessions and I want those other martial artists to learn from my mistake. A mistake isnt a mistake if you learn from it, then its just a learning experience.

TA to everyone that answered. Please take my example and watch for this site.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not good at all. When I tried to access that site, I got re-directed to a Chinese website trying to sell shoes.

Contact your credit card company, and get the charges reversed. If they balk, then call the fraud department.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The order is 4 weeks overdue. They kept emailing me telling me it would be here in a week, then they stopped responding the minute I asked for a tracking number. Thanks to my basket of discipline I take all this in stride. Yes I did use a credit card and I am looking at using the "sales protection" on it to retrieve my money, but in the end its all possessions and I want those other martial artists to learn from my mistake. A mistake isnt a mistake if you learn from it, then its just a learning experience.

TA to everyone that answered. Please take my example and watch for this site.

You've a good attitude about all this. You speak of a basket of discipline... must be a pretty big basket. :asian:
A mistake is a mistake and it's always good to learn from it. It's when you make the same mistake TWICE... then it becomes a stupid one. :tup:

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So, have you heard from the company? Were you able to protest the charge on your credit card?

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is unfortunately a Shanghai-based company - the universal home of the scamsite. They are (or were) located at 160 South Bridge Road, Fengxian district and unless you let them know you will "call round" with your local 14K um.. buddies to collect what is owed to you, I worry you will neither receive your product nor receive back your money. I hope I am wrong. Indeed, some lessons are hard lessons. They are still lessons. It is nevertheless, very decent of you to point this out for others when you could well have said nothing. Thank you. Jenna.