Sword regulation in the UK

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know that handguns are practically impossible to legally get in the UK but how about swords? I do know swords played a big role in the history and traditions of the UK so I would hope they aren't too regulated.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you go and do some research instead of posting a random opinion up unless you are looking for a political argument.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am doing research, by asking about it here.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not research, that's asking someone to do it for you.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
You might want to start by learning what "doing research" actually means, then. Because this ain't it, bubba.

Definition of research: 1.careful study that is done to find and report new knowledge about something
2. the activity of getting information about a subject

I would say what Im doing here is research. See definition 2.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well for starters your asking an impossible question far too broad to answer. Thats like asking what are the Gun laws in the US. Its impossible to answer since every city, state,county within the IS has its own law. Well the UK is just as broad if not far broader then the US. I suggest doing some "Research" and narrow down your question and then try Google. There is a ton of info out there stop expecting everyone else to do your work for you

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you'd actually asked what the laws were on owning, buying and using swords here you would have had a greater chance of an answer but all you actually did was express an opinion masking any question you may have had, well either that or you were forming up for an argument on gun laws which you aren't going to get anyway.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you'd actually asked what the laws were on owning, buying and using swords here you would have had a greater chance of an answer but all you actually did was express an opinion masking any question you may have had, well either that or you were forming up for an argument on gun laws which you aren't going to get anyway.
If I wanted to argue a position on gun laws I would've done it in the firearms forum. I was just pointing out what I know concerning that in the UK, not whether I agree or disagree with it and frankly, since I don't live in the UK, I don't care. Anyway, yes, you pointed it out quite well about what I meant when you mention laws for owning, buying, and using swords. Also, transporting swords and knives. Although I don't live in the UK I have visited and I do plan to visit more in the future and while I wouldn't bring a gun to the UK, I might want to bring some blades so I would want to know the legality concerning that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while I wouldn't bring a gun to the UK, I might want to bring some blades so I would want to know the legality concerning that.[/QUOTE

That's quite simple, don't bring any 'blades' into the country, simple. You won't need them. You can also research why and the legality of carrying weapons.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's quite simple, don't bring any 'blades' into the country, simple. You won't need them. You can also research why and the legality of carrying weapons.

Boys will be boys, better let them have their toys.

Latest Discussions