SW M&P 9mm?

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Let us know how it shoots. I've been hearing quite a bit of good feedback on these so I may eventually give one a try (especially if the .45 version is any good).

OP
arnisandyz

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Had a 3 gun match last weekend. I usually like to spend some time on the range to break a new gun in and to get used to it before using it in competition. I was having a bad day with the rifle, so I figured what the hell. I had to use my XD concealment holster and modified mag carriers, but it was good enough. Recently recieved an eye injury (hit by a stick) and my vision was throwing me off. My depth perception was way off and using the EOTech with 2 eyes open wasn't a good idea. I think I had some double vision, as I had nice groups but some were far left and some were far right! Would have been better off shooting irons.

Anyways, the vision thing didn't bother my pistol shooting as much as the injury was to my non-shooting (non-dominant) eye. The gun performed great! No malfunctions, shot flat and fast and pointed where I thought it would. Trigger will take some getting used to compared to a 1911. Found out if I slam a mag in hard enough it drop the slide automatically just like my old G17. I know I could have done better since I didn't know the limitations of the gun but I think I could get used to it.

OP
arnisandyz

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The M&P45 was JUST RELEASED at the 2007 SHOT show in Orlando last weekend. 10 round capacity, 4.5" barrel (.5" longer than the standard size) and available with or without an ambidextrous passive (slide still cycles when on) manual thumb safety that is said to feel very much like a 1911 in placement and operation. Grip is only slightly larger than the standard sized guns. Could be a really good polymer non-1911 for the die hard 1911 shooter. They alos showed a prototype 9mm longslide 5" model they are calling the "Pro Series". My M&P9mm has been working great. Just placed third in USPSA last Saturday in Production division and second in my class SSP (6th overall) in IDPA on Sunday!

Latest Discussions