suspension training,

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
much of my training involves a short length of rope, which i variously throw around fixed objects and can work just about all my muscles to a fair degree, using either my body weight or body weight and resistance of other muscles.
it pains me greatly that the guy who came up with the trx system got very rich on what is a fairly basic system that i thought of , it not,first then independent, of him. Admittedly his equipment has handles and a wall chart, but gripping the rope has its on benefits when it comes to grip strengh and you can quite,easily design you own exercises. And the,rope is 5 quid for,30 m at a quarter ton breaking strain

throwing it round a tree and then walking up the tree, is quite hard, as is throwing it over a branch and doing front levers or back levers for that matter.

however I'm going to stop being a,cheap skate and buy some gymnastic rings as there are,exercises that,are just too difficult to set up with a,rope. . This will of course require me to find a base rather than just doing them adhoc as i walk, . But a gymnastic type work out should reap,significant benifits in upper body strength, so it seems like a good investment for twenty quid

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've considered some gymnastics-style workouts. With the trashing my shoulders have gone through this year, it seems like a good idea...if I can ever get my shoulders sound enough to do it.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Suspension training is pretty good. As far as TRX goes, you’re paying more for the exercises and programs than for the straps themselves. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, just what it is.

I could buy comparable stuff from the Home Depot for about $20-$30. Probably less than that, but I’m being conservative here. All it really is is a tow strap and some handles.

Latest Discussions