Superman's dead

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
His fight to walk again redefines courage. Someday, somebody WILL walk because of him.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shodan said:
What does it mean when someone just puts a dot for a post on the posts having to do with someone passing away........been curious about that for a long time and see it again here.......thanks!

:asian: :karate:
it's symbolic of a moment of silence....and he certainly deserves it...not for being an actor, he certainly entertained us....but his fight for spinal damage research had a huge impact...and he was a picture of perseverance...regaining a small amounts of motion in his finger...which doesn't sound like much...but if you couldn't move for years and then you woke up and could wiggle your finger...you'd be pretty pleased...

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wish I had a way to post the picture, but in the city newspaper yesterday the editorial cartoon was a picture of a wheel chair on the left side empty and then on the right side was an outline/shaded of superman flying away from it. It was a neat cartoon.

RIP

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
"He made us belive a MAN could fly"

I think if we all try to be a Superman for everyone, the world would be a better place.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver - great post. I loved Noises Off, it is clevery-timed and frantic and funny.

I believe he will be remembered for his fighting - both for himself, and for others - for spinal cord/neural regeneration therapies. God bless him for that.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Christopher Reeves was an amazing artist. If you saw him in anything else besides "Superman" you knew that without question. As we all know from watching the constant regurgitation of actors in the character of Batman, it takes more than muscles and a nice grin to pull off these comic-book heroes.

Not a lot of people have respect for actors, yet these are the ones among us who make it their craft - not their business but their craft - to understand the human condition not just by studying it, but by living it - even if for a few fleeting moments, and yes, they can escape. But the true artists keep a piece of each character they ever play with them because they learn and grow from that exposure and are humbled by their fortune in position and ability to discard the hardship, heartache that others face - the stuff that movies are made of. He spoke of this in an interview once.

This actor took on a role he could not discard. Yes, he will be remembered mostly for playing Superman.

I don't think of that as a bad thing, however and I hope his spirit and his family won't take offense. It takes a person with incredible inner strength and resolve and spirit to strive onward beyond boundaries, beyond scientific possibility, beyond hope, beyond even belief. His legacy of being Superman won't die easily because he WAS Superman.

Godspeed, Mr. Reeves! Hallelujah!

V

Venomstrike

A true hero. He fought until the very end. He certainly lived up to the role of Superman.

Latest Discussions