Sup brahs?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the audio clips. Would it be correct to say the East and West dialects are similar and North is more 'plain'? I could definitely understand the North Riding audio clips easier but can't decide if it was the dialect or Mr. Bill Cowley's smooth voice. Regardless, when any of the voices went into a 'fast forward' riff I could not keep up.

Very informative, Thanks.

The North is gentler on the ear on the whole, but I think 'country' accents everywhere are. It's taken me more than 30 years to actually understand what Dalesfolk are actually saying. My husband is from West Yorkshire, when he was in the RAF his accent was understandable English lol but since we moved here it's becoming more and more Yorkshire. My accent has always been what people call posh lol, I'm a product of my education lol.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this what it's like for someone to read my slang?

it's exactly like that lol!
We have a lot of Gurkha soldiers where I am as well as Fijians and other Commonwealth members, they of course can all speak their own languages/patois but they are taught perfect English by the army however they have problems because most people here don't use perfect English lol. Accents are the worse for them.

Having said that the military is full of it's own slang and I have to remember not to use it here. :D

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Eh bradah you cant master everything it takes a lot of time you just need 1 to master and that good enough or 3 like my sifu does he knows kenpo Fma and juijutsu

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello! Thought is drop by... say hi. I see you joined bjj two days ago. Good for you. Hope that works out.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So for those who doubted me...

Remember “Clyde Cash” who was here a while back, posted a bunch of nonsense, used the Brah schtick, and was banned? Look at the OP’s picture. Look familiar? If not, how about this line from his profile...
“Clyde cash is back babe He never left”

I’m not the type of guy to say I told you so, but...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Remember “Clyde Cash” who was here a while back, posted a bunch of nonsense, used the Brah schtick, and was banned? Look at the OP’s picture. Look familiar? If not, how about this line from his profile...

I was actually going to say that the other week when it was revealed haha... "JR! You were right!" XD

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh we've had worse and we've had worse who were never banned.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh we've had worse and we've had worse who were never banned.
Yeah, and a certain someone has taken a break too... qu..... 4......4....... "everybody was karate-cult fightiiiiiiing..."

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked 'Parzival', a bit weird but not offensive or stroppy.