Suggestion Box

E

Elfan

- Get rid of the rating thing, noone uses it.

- increase the threshold for a thread to become "flaming." It seems like most of them are which defeats the point

- I'd prefer it if when members left or are banned that their acounts are left intact for archievel purposes. Its annoying to look back and see "guest" acounts all over the place. Its their decision of course.

- When I click on submit or preview reply, if something goes wroung, I loose my post. I'm not sure if the software suports this but it would be nice if it did a better job of saving my work when something goes wroung.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rating thing - its in the software, more of a pain to cut out all the bits. Hopefully the new version of vB will have a software toggle for it.

Threashold - currently:
Number of views to qualify as a hot thread 100 raised to 200
Number of posts to qualify as a hot thread 15 raised to 50

Deleted accounts:
We've deleted accounts for 3 reasons:
1- incomplete signups
2- haven't been back in over 6 months
3- on request.

Banned members usually stay in a seperate locked off group. There was 1 banned member whose account was deleted. This was due tot he fact that it was constantly trying to be accessed.

Submit/preview issue - if you havent, post it in the support forum and we'll work with you on looking into it. If for some reason the browser times out, msgs are lost. It seems to be something with vB, as I dont have that problem on other forum software. Hopefully its another enhansement in the new version (due out soon)

K

KatGurl

I've got alot of more smilies! I can't show them all though. Too many
brille.gif
. So, I'll be posting them in the locker room with my posts. It's like the book 'Where's Waldo'. Find my smilies!
fluester.gif

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pu them all in a .ZIP archive and email em to me. I'll look thru em and see about adding some to MT. :)

K

KatGurl

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Pu them all in a .ZIP archive and email em to me. I'll look thru em and see about adding some to MT. :)

I don't know how....
traurig2.gif

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You'll see them when you go to post. You'll have to ask Kaith to port over to this site any you find interesting.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, I guess I'll have to register there and take a look see. However I'm not sure exactly what goes on at that site. He'll probably kick me off for not posting anything.:rofl:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just remember, theres a whole special area you have to ask to see. ;) Since I'm feeling evil, I'll let ya figure it out on your own. :)

Me, I'll be hanging out in the Dark Kingdom for a bit. :)

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Just remember, theres a whole special area you have to ask to see. ;) Since I'm feeling evil, I'll let ya figure it out on your own.

Special section:confused: , I was lucky to figure out the homepage.:rofl:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have noticed quite a few shameless plugs for personal businesses or teachers or articles or what not and that seems to be a new change that I don't find extremely likable.

Just my humble opinion,
7sm

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by 7starmantis
I have noticed quite a few shameless plugs for personal businesses or teachers or articles or what not and that seems to be a new change that I don't find extremely likable.

:confused: Shameless plugs:confused: ??????........All I was trying to do was find some more smiley's. Kaith gave his link to his site to look for more. Then I asked a couple of more questions.:confused: I'm so confused at the moment.:(

Latest Discussions