Subversion of religious ideas

fightingfat

Green Belt
Reaction score
This has 'done my head in' as we say here in Blighty. I found this-
Image of Jesus holding a rifle.
This guy is protesting against it- the image quite obviously is bananas. He says:- The site calls itself a conservative christian weblog but the stands it takes are usually hateful opinons that are so extreme that it is hard to believe that they are serious at times.
They are currently trying to get a petition signed by 500,000 people so that when Jesus Christ returns he will be offcially be a citizen of the United States. Of course this is ludicrous and to address it further is just a waste of time, much like that blog is.
He wrote to them and this is what they sent back-
Hi Mark
Sorry, no can do. I think you have a completely wrong idea what Jesus stands for. Jesus is a real American. He has a gun and he uses it. He is out there kicking Iraqis asses together with our great soldiers.
Sorry, if the picture offends you, you should look for another religion.
Kind regards,
Shelley Goodman

Shelley is so bright, she posts comments like this on her webpage: -
PS: During for search in the Internet to get the facts straight I stumbled I found sth. really disgusting. Did you know that British parents actually force-feed their children with beer (if the children won’t drink it by themselves) because European breweries tell them that beer is good for their children’s health and development?
:eek:
Do people like this really exist?
:whip:

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
MUST...NOT....COMMENT...MUST NOT....OFFEND....

Oh my goodness. What an arrogant closed minded idiot. That attitude scares me as much as Islamic fundamentalism does. :rolleyes:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Checked out "her" blog, it's satire. Biting satire, but satire nonetheless.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note:

Thread moved to "Horror Stories."

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Super Moderator

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
pstarr said:
That sort of thing gives us all a bad name...

I don't know you, so I have no right to judge you personally. That being said, I must ammend your statement:

It gives some of you a bad name.

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic grade school and high school. I've met people of most religions and, being born and raised in the USA, have met a lot of Christians. Perhapse it is just my personal life experience, but I have only met 3 people who fall under the catagory of Christian who actually took a "Christ like" approach to life. Hell, one of them used to be a Buddhist.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Read the bible...Jesus has kill many people.....parting of the sea..drowning hundreds.......this is only one example...Aloha

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I will place that picture right next to my picture of Buddha wielding a battle-axe and Lao Tzu slapping the living daylights out if Confucius

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, Read the bible...Jesus has kill many people.....parting of the sea..drowning hundreds.......this is only one example...Aloha

uhh... that was Moses and God of the old testament. The only person Jesus got killed was himself. (of course there is that whole Trinity-yet-one thing...)

Hey! Maybe thay have a pic of Moses hitting Jesus with his staff! That'd be cool! I already got my mother the Jesus action figure "with real walking on water motion" :)

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
still learning said:

Well, I'm of the belief that the parting of the red sea was fictional or a natural event that a smart dude like Moses could see coming.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
I will place that picture right next to my picture of Buddha wielding a battle-axe

I hope you're kidding...:uhyeah:
Oh, yah, you are... I should read to the end of a thread.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
tradrockrat said:
Hey! Maybe thay have a pic of Moses hitting Jesus with his staff! That'd be cool! I already got my mother the Jesus action figure "with real walking on water motion" :)

Dude, have any of you read any of the "Church of the Sub-genius" books. They reference "the fightin' Jesus." It's a hoot.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guys, come on! It's Jesus! Don't ya think someone with that much pull would have something better than a lever action Winchester?

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
Guys, come on! It's Jesus! Don't ya think someone with that much pull would have something better than a lever action Winchester?

Nah. According to Revelations, he's got two-edged sword. See? Grandmaster Jesus wht butt-whooping Christ.

If I offended any Christians, I apologize. I'm cristian. I worship the same dear and fluffy Lord you do.

Latest Discussions