Striking with the fore arm.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do like forearm strikes. The one problem I have is that it's hard to apply them in a controlled way during sparring. For safety's sake, I'm more likely to apply them as frames and just remind myself that I could add impact in a real fight.

Matt Bryers

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I like the forearm strikes a lot! Especially for Jiu-Jitsu and close quarters combat. Erik Paulson put a video out a while ago that is in my favorites called "Short Shots" where he talks about the forearm strikes for close combat:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like anything by Mister Paulson. And I like seeing my friend Brian getting beat up. :)

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If your opponent throws jab or cross, you can move your straight arms as inward circle and use your forearm to strike on your opponent's punching arms. The advantage of this is you can interrupt your opponent's punches farther away from your head. I call this "double spears" strategy.

MI_martialist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
A forearm strike? Martial training and application are a whole body experience. Think more basic...think trajectory and how many parts of the thing doing the trajectory can hit at how many angles, and how many levels...

Latest Discussions