Stretching routines

Sylo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a daily stretching routine to do outside of class.
I was told to check out elasticsteel and Tom Kurtz, but I was hopefully trying to do this for as little money as possible. I'm not really concerned with doing splits.. only really improving my kicking height. I want to be able to kick at head level with both legs. Currently I can kick shoulder level with my left, and abdomen level with my right.. with good technique.

anyone got a program they are already doing they can share with me?

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Keep practicing your kicks. You need to stretch your mid-back though your ankles and all the way back to your abs. Most people need to strengthen the muscles that kick versus stretching them, so to help yourself work on your kicks. Use slow kicks to develop the stabilizing muscles for the kicks, use medium and fast kicks to work on overall strength. Watch your soreness and use stretching to help relieve the pain. There is no magic to stretching but there are physical limitations you need to learn so that stretching can work for you. Usable range of motion is what you really need versus range of motion.
See Wikipedia on stretching for starters for terms and generalities. Try this link for more information: http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/docs/rec/stretching/stretching_5.html You tube and several of the exercise websites have stretching demonstrations. Remember you'll probably need to work on your core (abs,hips and back) strength also.

Last edited: