STOP HARD Punches with SIMPLE Interceptions

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is a very simple look at that mechanic.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And that head down mechanic is not really correct unless you are fighting a dud. I mean if you consider that element important then you want to be really good at it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that head down mechanic is not really correct unless you are fighting a dud. I mean if you consider that element important then you want to be really good at it.

Agreed. Getting the head down will reduce/stop the effectiveness of punches, but it pushes the fight to different territory. Either be able to fight in that territory, or be able to control it back out of there immediately. Best: be able to do both.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I agree your videos mechanics are better, but would you not rather take your opponent to the floor, rather than pull and push them around for a bit expending all that energy? The presenter was puffing more than his opponent by the end of a short video.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree your videos mechanics are better, but would you not rather take your opponent to the floor, rather than pull and push them around for a bit expending all that energy? The presenter was puffing more than his opponent by the end of a short video.
It’s a drill for getting lots of reps of the sort of structure breaking that you need in order to take your opponent down.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like the way the guy in the white shirt moves. But the clip's title is a misnomer. There were no hard punches thrown. Just that lead hand, backfisty jab that wasn't even on line to hit his partner.

I like what they were doing, just not how they were showing it.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Shaking is a powerful tool,
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Latest Discussions