Still voting for Obama?

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please consider these truths:

This fails to point out that the policies of 2005-2008 caused the deficits of 2009-2012 also if not for acitions of Obama we would have had a depression with people on the streets with out shelter or food. Neither a Republican nor a Democrat could have solved the policies of the previous 12 years in a short period why else could the RNC not come up with a better team than McCain and Palin? why for the first time in any recent history did Bush and Cheney hide out and were not invited to play in any Reindeer Games?

Last edited by a moderator:

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmmm...obama was in the senate voting for the policies that caused the deficits of 2009-2012, and that his community organizing activities also helped create the crisis in the mortgage industry.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
already voted for Obama, by mail.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

in every way conceivable, Obama and Biden while not perfect, are far far far far far more capable than Romney and Ryan.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In every way conceivable? Really...that's rich. Obama has supplanted Carter...that takes real talent.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]mEVqeaFHsHE[/yt]

I like this chaps way of getting the core ideas across without having to resort to equations :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I voted for Obama, although I won't go so far as to say better "in every way conceivable." For me, it boiled down to this: Romney has demonstrated to me very, very clearly that he has no strength of convictions. He will say whatever he needs to say to win. I don't believe that it's about the issues for him. It's about winning the election however he can, and that to me means that while President, he will be a sock puppet to a much more radical group of zealots in Congress.

That's it. Obama says things I don't like. He does things I don't like. I hate the way he and his administration handled Libya, the health care reform and many, many other things. But Romney is a mouthpiece. He is a puppet... a leaf on the wind, blowing quite literally wherever he thinks his bread is buttered that day.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, and obama, whose stand on gay marriage was the same as Mitt Romney's...then supporting gay marriage just before the election... was a real act of courage on his part...

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you REALLY want to start comparing changes in positions from the canidates? Here's one I saw today. When running for the nomination, Mr Romney said he would get rid of FEMA, sending it down to the state level and privatizing it if possible. Now today he says if president he would of course keep FEMA funded.

A conservative, a moderate, and a progressive walk into a bar. The bartender asks, "What can I do for you Mr Romney."

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well he did close down Gitmo, you know, that horrible place innocent sheep herders were being sent to by bad old Bush...but he didn't.

He repealed the patriot act, that bad thing Bush set up to spy on Americans...but he didn't.

He said you could keep your doctor, and your medical plan if you liked them...until he passed obamacare and you can't...

He said raising taxes during a recession would be dumb...until after he is re-elected when he will raise taxes during a recession...

He could no more abandon racist Pastor jermiah wright than he could a member of his own family...until he did to get elected...

It was the video...6 times from his own mouth to the entire world at the United Nations...until it wasn't...

And on and on...

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
As a martial artist you should know not to attack from a position of weakness, unless you have absolutely no choice. Is this what you are doing now, attacks of last resort? Yep, Obama has not done some of the things he said he would. He's even changed his mind on issues such as gay mariage. Do you really want to compare that to all the position changes that Mitt Romney has performed? Look, I get it. You hate Obama. We've all known that for a long time now. Comparing his change of heart on something like gay marriage to all the flip flopping Mr romney has done...well it reeks of desperation and bad arguement.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't hate obama. I think he is a bad person, and definitely not a "nice," guy. You are known by the company you keep, and he has kept company with terrorists and racists of the worst sort, but I think that is mainly because he was raised by anti-American communist types from the time he was a little boy. It wasn't his fault really, but that doesn't change the fact that he needs to be voted out of office before what he has set in motion is set in cement.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOL So now you are resorting to comedy? Nice try at changing the subject of flip flopping though.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't hate obama. I think he is a bad person, and definitely not a "nice," guy. You are known by the company you keep, and he has kept company with terrorists and racists of the worst sort, but I think that is mainly because he was raised by anti-American communist types from the time he was a little boy. It wasn't his fault really, but that doesn't change the fact that he needs to be voted out of office before what he has set in motion is set in cement.

yawn. oh yeah. bill's at it again. hahahaha.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And obama made things worse than Gitmo...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/29/obamas-detention-policies-are-worse-than-guantanamo/

During the 2008 campaign, President Obama promised he would close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility within a year of his inauguration. Four years later, Guantanamo remains open and will remain open for the foreseeable future.

What he doesn’t mention is that many terrorist detainees would be better off if Obama had stuck to Bush’s detention policies. That’s because, in an effort to avoid sending detainees to Guantanamo, Obama has kept them in overseas military prisons, where they have no access to U.S. courts and languish in worse conditions than the detainees held at Guantanamo.
One of President Obama’s first actions after taking office was to sign an executive order to close the Guantanamo facility. But Obama soon found that doing so was impossible: foreign countries were not willing to take prisoners cleared for release; the American people didn’t want hardened terrorists sent to American shores and tried in civilian courts; and some prisoners couldn’t be tried and were too dangerous to be released, which meant they had to be detained indefinitely.

And the money quote...

But detainees’ conditions haven’t improved because, rather than sending them to Guantanamo Bay, President Obama has kept some of them in places such as Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan. Detainees in these locations face worse living conditions than those in Guantanamo. More importantly, they don’t have access to U.S. courts, which they would if they were at Guantanamo (the Supreme Court’s 2008 ruling in Boumediene v. Bush suggests that detainees held at Guantanamo have the right to challenge their detention in federal court but detainees held outside of Guantanamo do not — an interpretation that has since been confirmed by lower courts). This leaves detainees with no way to challenge their detention outside of the military legal system.
It is, however, a good arrangement for President Obama: This way, he can both keep his promise to reduce the Guantanamo population and prevent detainees from accessing U.S. courts.
One detainee, Faid al-Maqaleh, has been held at Bagram since 2003. His case is particularly intriguing since a military review board has cleared him for release three times.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Obama changed his position on same-sex marriage months ago. Romney changes his position on issues hourly. Regardless, neither are qualified to be President, for all the reasons listed above. That's why Romney never had my vote, and Obama didn't either.
Gary Johnson, for Liberty.
$Poster-1-Live-Free-GJ-and-JG-275x4752.png