Steven Seagal invents front kick!

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Segall to Silva: "If done right, no can defense."

Sorry, had to make the joke. IT was a seriously sweet kick though.

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's true, Segal taught Silva and Machida how to throw that front kick to the head - sure he did - and - I taught Muhamad Ali how to do the "Rope-a-Dope". I also taught him how to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's true, Segal taught Silva and Machida how to throw that front kick to the head - sure he did - and - I taught Muhamad Ali how to do the "Rope-a-Dope". I also taught him how to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.
I float like Ivory Soap and sting like Bactine.:)
Sean

Mz1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Say what you want but the fact of the matter is he taught them and they used it. He might be an arrogant **** of a person but when it comes to martial arts he knows his stuff. And has acomplished things that most people will never do. He's also the only american to own his own dojo in japan teaching them their own art perhaps better than they are. And I have seen the footage of him training both of these top guys and he was surprising the hell out of them.
Would be crazy to see a lot more people flock to him for training in mma.
Good job steve.

Foot jabs to the face has always been part of the MT curriculum as well as other MA's.

Machida & Silva are just kissing Segal's gigantic white butt in hopes of breaking into the movie business. I don't know much about Segal's MA history (mainly b/c I don't really care about Aikido).....but this bastard is cranking out about 2 movies EVERY year, for over 10 years now. I'm sure most of them flopped, but he's obviously still making money and is probably the most successful MA movie star in the USA. He's definitely the longest working one. Any martial artist would be smart to kiss his big ***.

Latest Discussions