Steve Stewert: No touch knock out?

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
We were at a birthday party for a friend about a year and a half ago when a DKI disciple overheard us discussing sparring. He immediately started raving about the no touch aspects of his art and wanted to demonstrate. His guinea pig was a friend of mine who is an FBI agent, we'll call him Bill.

He stood behind him and, with a look of concentration worthy of the most malevolent wizard (think Houdini meets Dr. Mindbender while everyone else is thinking Johnny Carson as Karnack), extended his hands and stared at Bill's back. This went on for several minutes while Bill continued to sip his beer and the rest of us continued our conversations. Finally the disciple practically yelled "See! You Moved!" Bill congratulated him on his technique and the night moved on.

Later Bill admitted that the wobble attributed to the no touch method was more related to the several beers and shots of Jaeger that had been consumed. Who knows, it might work, but I've yet to see it.

andy

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Would you like to volunteer?

Ceicei,
Not me! I'd be the first person in history that this no touch crap would really work on then everybody would be doing it to me! :shrug:

I do subscribe to the idea that not every thing we learn has to be directly related to combat training, but should positively support your training so you can progress as a martial artist. I've had my opinions changed many times by correct instruction or interpetation of techs. My haughty little brain has more than once said this is crap... until I understood it! So I have an open mind but sometimes poke fun at stuff I don't really understand.

don

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
I VOLUNTEER FOR THE NO-TOUCH KNOCKOUT.

I will be more than happy to represent the MT skeptics.

With the following condition:

1. Nobody can "catch" me or touch me. I was at a Dillman seminar and he smacked me with a palm on the forehead pretty briskly. His people then "caught" me by dragging me down by the back of the collar. Dillman said "He's doing down! He's going down!" I wasn't going down...and I never went out. Its all on his Bassai video. His wife was filming it, and managed to keep the "catchers" out of frame.

2. Nobody resucitates me. If I don't need reviving, I don't want anybody giving me the illusion that I need it. In fact, I don't want anyone NEAR me, other than the hitter.

3. I want it videotaped by MT skeptics.

4. I want to be allowed to bet on the outcome of the event.

I'm fully serious here. Anybody want to set it up?

By the way, I'm almost a knuckle dragger. I'm a second generation biped. I had corrective surgery to remove three inches from each radius and ulna and both humerus bones. They were then inserted into my tibias, fibulas, and femurs. We've had a bit of a problem with the brow ridge issue.

Regards,

Steve Scott

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by hardheadjarhead
I VOLUNTEER FOR THE NO-TOUCH KNOCKOUT.

I will be more than happy to represent the MT skeptics.

With the following condition:

1. Nobody can "catch" me or touch me. I was at a Dillman seminar and he smacked me with a palm on the forehead pretty briskly. His people then "caught" me by dragging me down by the back of the collar. Dillman said "He's doing down! He's going down!" I wasn't going down...and I never went out.

Yup.

I have volunteered for the pressure point KOs before--I always volunteer. Evidently I am in the 10% that are resistant to them.

There is a lot of "selling" like you mention going on, including "He was out on his feet!" when one doesn't fall.

I believe some of the p.p. stuff works (and some doesn't). The no-touch stuff is stage magic.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
The no-touch stuff is stage magic.

Having been to Las Vegas, I can say without a doubt that stage magic is a LOT better than this.

Here are the reasons I imagine they'll list for NOT doing it, if we requested it.

1. I'm too old, and it'd kill me.
2. My high forehead or baldness (or whatever) would prevent it from working. I'd be one of those rare people resistant to it.
3. My high forehead/baldness (or whatever) would make me overly vulnerable to it, and it would kill me.
4. The negative energy of the skeptics in the room would prevent it from working.

Regards,

Steve

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Oh, sweet merciful crap. The last video on that page has a 'no-touch' KO from about 10 feet away.

Can you smell the male bovine excrement?

Cthulhu

The person used in that video is very easy to knock out. He is a former student of mine. You could tell what you were going to do and it would work because his mind told him it happen. Mr. Stewart was the WKKA rep for Canada until a falling out a couple years ago and before that happened he ended up with most of my students a one of the schools that was under him at the time. I unfortunately was affiliated with him until he got too greedy for my business to support so he used the power of an association and his pressure point study group idea to get most of my students into a school of his choosing. What galls me the most is most of this crap happen during the month before my wdding and when I was off on my honeymoon.

As to the comment that he touches wallets, Oh HELL YA!!!! He is very money oriented. A directly from Mr. Donovan's mouth to my ear it was Blue Belt to 3rd Black.

OP
K

kkbb

Originally posted by Rob Broad
He is very money oriented. A directly from Mr. Donovan's mouth to my ear it was Blue Belt to 3rd Black.

I was wondering how true it was. I wonder what his students would think if they knew?

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When my wife and I bought the school out I was a 4th degree. Steve made me start at the bottom with him and work through every belt with his half belt system. When him and I had it out I was ready to test for my 1st degree Black through him for rank in the WKKA. Later I found out that my original rank was recognized by the WKKA and he was just making money off me.

I also found out that all the money he was charging me for my student gradings was supposed to be going to my school not his pocket.

OP
J

Jimmy"TheBear"

Rob Broad said:
When my wife and I bought the school out I was a 4th degree. Steve made me start at the bottom with him and work through every belt with his half belt system. When him and I had it out I was ready to test for my 1st degree Black through him for rank in the WKKA. Later I found out that my original rank was recognized by the WKKA and he was just making money off me.

I also found out that all the money he was charging me for my student gradings was supposed to be going to my school not his pocket.

I was just scanning here and ran into this thread. What system is Stewart teaching?

OP
B

Black Bear

I tried emailing him nicely. He gets very defensive very easily.

Latest Discussions