State Tournaments?

Hwoarang_tkd26

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I was just woundering if anyone knew how I could find out when the state tourny is in my state. I have looked around on the net but with minimal success.
My head instructor says that it would be a good experiance for me, and that Im skilled enough to at least put up a good fight with the other competitors.

So this is something that I really want to do. I need to know when it is so that I Know when to start training for it, to give myself enough time to prepare (at least a month).
So is there anyone that can help me find this info? or is there anyone from Utah that knows when it is?
All help is much apreciated.

- Hwoarang_tkd26

B

bluespacething

I would say ask your instrcutor if he/she knows where/when it is. Usually instructors know that sort of thing. Yeah...that's about the only thing I can say that would be helpful. :p

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minnesota's is in Feb. or Mar. usually. I looked up on the web for ours and saw a Mar. 30 posting by someone who won in Utah in '03. Is yours WTF? TW

OP
Hwoarang_tkd26

Hwoarang_tkd26

Orange Belt
Reaction score
bluespacething said:
I would say ask your instrcutor if he/she knows where/when it is. Usually instructors know that sort of thing. Yeah...that's about the only thing I can say that would be helpful. :p
Lol, well umm I sorta already did that, and my instructor doesn't know.
But thanks for the reply anyway.
TigerWoman said:
Minnesota's is in Feb. or Mar. usually. I looked up on the web for ours and saw a Mar. 30 posting by someone who won in Utah in '03. Is yours WTF? TW
Yeah thats what my instructor said that it would be close to, either Feb or March. Im just trying to get an exact date of when it is.
Yes I am WTF.

- Hwoarang_tkd26

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if it works anything like ours... the head honchos get together in December around the holidays and decide then, its expected though sometime in Feb.-Mar. but we never know the exact date and where, until the lst of the year. Not that I'm going this year, both of my kids are out of it. TW

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hwoarang_tkd26 said:
Hey everyone.
I was just woundering if anyone knew how I could find out when the state tourny is in my state. ...I need to know when it is so that I Know when to start training for it, to give myself enough time to prepare (at least a month).
Hwoarang_tkd26
I assume you train as Sung Cho's? If your instructor does not know of the state tournament (and this year, the USTU essentially had Open National tournaments) it is because there probably was not one (or at least an official qualifier like in years past). When the USTU situation gets clarified, there may be state or regional tournaments, it's anyone's guess. Until that time, there may be other local tournaments you can attend to get a flavor of the competition.

Good luck!

Miles

N

nekoTKD

Hey whats up? Another utah TKDer here :D
They just had a little tourny gettogether in Bountiful on the 30th. Not real big or formal, but it was fun :) There were quite a bit of black belts present, but I think only 2 of them sparred... oh well. I think they'll have another in April or sometime real close to that.

Take it easy,

Brandon

S

sifu Adams

you can go to karate tournament Central they have listing of all styles and all states. good sight for posting tournaments as well.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
sifu Adams said:
you can go to karate tournament Central they have listing of all styles and all states. good sight for posting tournaments as well.
Sifu Adams, do you have a link you could post?

For those in SE Michigan (or surrounding areas), there is a TKD tournament this weekend at the Garden City High School(SW of Detroit about 20 miles). The host is Master Christopher Covert of Olympian Chung Do Kwan in Garden City. I don't have the flyer in front of me, but it starts at 11am. This is a very nice tournament, especially for kids without a lot of competition experience.

Miles

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There may or may not be a state sponsored tourney.

This is political thing that depends on the people who are at the helm of State Association.

If your looking for better competition there will probably be a regional event of sufficient size in the March-May time frame within a 1000 miles of you TX, CO, IL and San Francisco CA.

Good Luck

Latest Discussions