Starting a MA non-profit corporation

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Acronyms and abbreviations are nice, but it's best if they are the natural result of a good name.

Oh, but it's more fun if you work from an acronym - sometimes you may need to reach a shade...

Mentoring Under Firearms eFfectiveness

Active Response Self dEfence

Firearm instrUCtion (for) Keeping Effective Defence

(Just playing ;))

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, but it's more fun if you work from an acronym - sometimes you may need to reach a shade...

Mentoring Under Firearms eFfectiveness

Active Response Self dEfence

Firearm instrUCtion (for) Keeping Effective Defence

(Just playing ;))
You are my new marketing director.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But by not incorporating wouldn't that open him up to more personal liability?

It could but the LLC is not going to stop the lawsuits. My wife is an attorney and she has said it is safer and cheaper to be a contractually binding as possible and use the money for Insurance, insurance, insurance.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you aren't looking to enter your students in competitions, I would get good .22 weapons, but forego the match grade. When I was in high school, I could cut weeds at 150 to 200 yards. I could hit stiff horizontal wire fence strands up to 50 yards about 50 percent of the time. I was shooting with my father's old single shot Remington .22.

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you aren't looking to enter your students in competitions, I would get good .22 weapons, but forego the match grade. When I was in high school, I could cut weeds at 150 to 200 yards. I could hit stiff horizontal wire fence strands up to 50 yards about 50 percent of the time. I was shooting with my father's old single shot Remington .22.
That's likely where I will start. I have two old Mossberg 144US trainer rifles donated. I have heard them described as match grade, but I suspect they are more of a target rifle. Those guns aren't too expensive when you can find them, and they look neat. Perhaps I will stock the arsenal with them. Time will tell.

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
As it is right now, I am not even a registered corporation yet. I plan on registering this year and taking the NRA range safety officer training course before August. Next year, I want to either start taking the required NRA courses to gain instructor certification, or get certified through the USCCA.

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
As far as a name, I live on a small scale, one acre farming homestead that I've been calling Cairnstone Farm. I'm thimking something like Cairnstone Arsenal.

Latest Discussions