Start

DustinJolley

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm starting Tae Kwon Do with the next week or so. Lol! I think it will be fun for me to learn something new that I've always wanted to do. Lol!

Scotty

White Belt
Reaction score
Congrats on your choice to start. I have been studying martial arts for 6 months and I am hooked. Good luck!

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations...I'm sure it will be a rewarding expereince for you.

Peace,
Erik

irishwolf08

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That is great! Good luck, and keep us posted. I'm doing TKD as well, and love it! Are you doing ITF or WTF?
Have fun! ^_^

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't know what ITF or WTF mean. Lol!
ITF: International Taekwondo Federation
WTF: World Taekwondo Federation

Incidentally, a better way of putting it would be 'ITF or Kukkiwon?'

The Kukkiwon actually determines the curriculum and grading requirements while the world taekwondo federation is a sports regulatory body, regulating specifically sport taekwondo as you see it in the Olympics.

In addition to these bodies, there is the ATA (American Taekwondo Association), and various other nation specific entities.

There are also different groups called ITA. The first is the International Taekwondo Alliance and if I am not mistaken, a breakaway fromthe ATA. The second is the Independent Taekwondo Association, a subsection of Defensive Services International, which is GM Pelligrini's organization.

Daniel

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Awesome! Congrats on your first steps into the Martial Arts its definitely a rewarding & enriching experience.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Way to be. I'm about 9 months into my practice and totally wild about it. Keep the faith!

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, As the years go by....one thing we did learn? ....to learn to fight ..is to fight and learn....NO OTHER WAY!

Self-defense classes should be gear this way....Aloha

OP
DustinJolley

DustinJolley

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm testing for my orange belt on the 22nd of this month. I started sparring almost as soon as I became a yellow belt. Lol!

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying your martial art.

Some friendly suggestions:

Keep a notebook.

Record yourself doing your katas and sparring.

If your instructor allows record the class (otherwise make good use of your notebook).

You will see a difference in the way you move as time passes by and you gain more confidence and muscle memory to execute some wicked moves.

Latest Discussions