Star Wars III:Revenge of the Sith

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I managed to rent one from Hollywood video after watching the same episodes (vol. 1 and 2) back to back the day after watching them on cartoon-network at a friends house. They were on DVD .... soooo run out and get-em so you can watch them again and again and again and again and again.... :rolleyes:

I liked the way they gave Yoda good facial expressions. heh

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Hmmnn. I am not speaking of the book on this particular saga. Wasn't there a book on the whole story
There was a fictional tome named "Journal of Whills" that was sited in the original "Star Wars" novel at the beginning. This tome was never printed however.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Palusut said:
There was a fictional tome named "Journal of Whills" that was sited in the original "Star Wars" novel at the beginning. This tome was never printed however.
Interesting......could this be what i vaguely remember?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Lucas began writing Star Wars in 1973 and spent almost three years developing the film's script. His original 13-page outline was entitled The Story of Mace Windu and saw Jedi warriors Luke Skywalker and Annikin Starkiller protecting Princess Leia Aguilae from the evil Black Knight Valarium. Later drafts depicted the battle for the Kiber Crystal - which was established as the focus point of the all-powerful Force. It wasn't until Lucas completed the script's fourth draft, 'From the Adventures of Luke Starkiller, As Taken from The Journal of Whills: Saga 1 - The Star Wars', in January 1976, that Star Wars had begun to take its familiar shape."
http://www.skyone.co.uk/section/pgesectionfeature.aspx?pid=28&fid=26

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know how legit this is. I snagged it in 99.
Enjoy

Attachments

• $wars999.txt
    38.7 KB · Views: 135

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
"Lucas began writing Star Wars in 1973 and spent almost three years developing the film's script. His original 13-page outline was entitled The Story of Mace Windu and saw Jedi warriors Luke Skywalker and Annikin Starkiller protecting Princess Leia Aguilae from the evil Black Knight Valarium. Later drafts depicted the battle for the Kiber Crystal - which was established as the focus point of the all-powerful Force. It wasn't until Lucas completed the script's fourth draft, 'From the Adventures of Luke Starkiller, As Taken from The Journal of Whills: Saga 1 - The Star Wars', in January 1976, that Star Wars had begun to take its familiar shape."
http://www.skyone.co.uk/section/pgesectionfeature.aspx?pid=28&fid=26
Check out the first question in this link... errr... <edit> go to Bio and FAQ and then look for Star Wars... :D

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The whole prequel trilogy I was just waiting for Sam Jackson to come with a "I'm a bad mother******....."

Oh well, we can't always get what we want....

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The book for "A New Hope" came out about 6 months prior to the movie...the intent was to get interest up. Nothing AFAIK was published earlier.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sorry to ask so many questions directed at trivia.

I was up in age when SW came out, but was very much interseted.

Die hard Trekkies, seem to dismiss it at first. But I had embraced it.

With all of the stuff coming out after the movie, if memory serves, I thought there was a novel/book, that told the whole story. A "guide" for all follwing movies.

Of course, I stand corrected if I have such error(s).

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Only in Lucas' head and notebooks. There was a reference in the original novel to this "Book of Whills", but it was dropped in later books as he evolved the idea. The rumor that there were 12 movies planned came from a comment that he had enough info to do a dozen films. This outline was pared down to the 6 we have today. Unofficially, the Timothy Zhan "Heir to the Empire" trilogy are EP 7-9.

The whole argument over canon vs fanon is one I regularly deal with on other forums.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Simple:
If the information is writen by writers for the show, and is only available through "officially authorized sources" then it is canon. (IE the Star Trek Encyclopedia is canon because the authors are regular writers for the series, and it is only available through a licenced source. Fan Encyclopedias are shut down.)

In the case of Star Wars, I define canon as:
1- The films
2- The Film novels.

Those are the highest sources. If the secondaries conflict with what is in those, the answer is what they say, not the secondaries.

Secondary sources:
- The Books
THE JEDI ACADEMY TRILOGY:
# Jedi Search
# Dark Apprentice
# Champions of the Force
THE THRAWN TRILOGY:
# Heir to the Empire
# Dark Force Rising
# The Last Command
Shadows of the Empire
THE ADVENTURES OF LANDO CALRISSIAN:
# Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu
# Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
# Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
THE HAN SOLO ADVENTURES:
# Han Solo at Stars' End
# Han Solo's Revenge
# Han Solo and the Lost Legacy

The Dark Horse Comic series.

I don't count the later books, kids books, spinoffs or the old Marvel comic or the newspaper comic as Canon.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As far as I understand it, the only canon is what is found in the movies....

Latest Discussions