***SPOILER ALERT*** What is your favorite part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is a SPOILER ALERT - I can't be much clearer than this.

If you're not done with Deathly Hallows, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER

What is your favorite part of Deathly Hallows, or the part that had the greatest impact on you? I'm going to slide my answer down a little, so those who missed the spoiler alert above and in the title are less likely to see it.

For myself, as I get ready to reread the entire series, now that I've finished
the final book, while I was quite sad about Dobby, I liked the way Harry handled it - not because of the effect it had on Griphook, but because it shows what type of person he is.

I was also quite interested in seeing the "other side" of Dumbledore.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The fact that Harry, Hermionie and Ron lived among other popular characters (except I'm sad that Fred died) allows the chance for other authors to pick up the tale and carry on til they start sending their children to school. :D

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The fact that Harry, Hermionie and Ron lived among other popular characters (except I'm sad that Fred died) allows the chance for other authors to pick up the tale and carry on til they start sending their children to school. :D

Or to write about their kids being at school - which, since Rowling said that she's done with Harry, may will be next, if she writes more at all.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Or to write about their kids being at school - which, since Rowling said that she's done with Harry, may will be next, if she writes more at all.

Well, SHE's done with Harry... I haven't even started... :uhyeah:

Other people picked up on the Star Trek and Star Wars stories so why can't this one be given the same treatment? I mean 19 years is a lot of adventure to write about.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, SHE's done with Harry... I haven't even started... :uhyeah:

Other people picked up on the Star Trek and Star Wars stories so why can't this one be given the same treatment? I mean 19 years is a lot of adventure to write about.

See now I wouldn't like that. I would prefer Harry be hers and hers alone. I wouldn't mind one of the side characters getting their own story, but not a story for the sake of a story. I do wish she gave a bit more details in the epilogue. I mean we knew who lived and got married and such, but I would have been interested to know what they did and things along those lines...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I liked the back story on Snape and why he does what he does. That was great. The ending was simply awesome as well as the epilogue.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The epilogue left the door opened for more books in the future Harry Potter is not over but just on standby while the writer figures out how to make it even longer with them being adults.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
See now I wouldn't like that. I would prefer Harry be hers and hers alone. I wouldn't mind one of the side characters getting their own story, but not a story for the sake of a story. I do wish she gave a bit more details in the epilogue. I mean we knew who lived and got married and such, but I would have been interested to know what they did and things along those lines...

Well that's the beauty of leaving it open like that... JK worked on the books for over 17 years... me thinks she might be a tad tired and wants to move on. Thus, other people have just as equally imaginative minds. Now that she's set the "boundaries" or "laws" of the books other writers can work within those boundaries, i.e. a broom can only go so fast and so high and this spell will work and that one won't, and still provide great adventures for HP lovers everywhere. The possibilities are unlimited.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I liked how Snape was actually doing good and how he really did love Lilly. Oddly enough i was more sad when Dobby died then when Fred did, because honestly i expected more of them to die, Tonks and Lupin where very sad as well. The other side of dumbldore was very cool, I really liked how she came back and showed his flaws with out marking him as awful.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The last battle of Harry vs. Voldemort, in the school--I liked Harry's monologue. He let out 17 years of frustration very well.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Single greatest moment?

When Neville, after six books of being the fall guy, the well-meaning, sweet but inept catcher-up, throws off Voldemort's body-bind curse and cuts off that loathesome, putrid snake Nagini's head with the sword of Godric Gryffindor. It doesn't get any better than that.

Runner-up: Mollie killing that loathesome, putrid Lestrange-thing under Voldemort's nose.

Three cheers for vindictiveness, eh? :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lots of choices.

Gotta say, though, right off the bat - one of my favorite highlights of the book is when Dudley defies his parents for a moment to thank Harry for saving his life.

I thought the part where Harry confiscates Moody's eye from Umbridge's office door was righteous!

Ron saving the day was neat as was Neville destroying Nagini. And I LOVED when Mrs. Weasley throttles Bellatrix.

Got a GREAT laugh when George said he felt "saintlike" because of the hole in his head. :lol2:

Snapes memories made me cry as did counting the dead at Hogwarts.

But my favorite part was how Harry resigned himself and despite all that he wished to do he moved forward with his destiny. The part where he walks with his death party towards his fate was ... wow.

There are many lessons in the 7-book series. I'm going to have a hard time reading this final book aloud to my family without my voice breaking once in a while.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are many lessons in the 7-book series. I'm going to have a hard time reading this final book aloud to my family without my voice breaking once in a while.
That's because, like many of us, deep down inside that tough martial artist... you're a softie. :asian:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm going to have a hard time reading this final book aloud to my family without my voice breaking once in a while.

If you can do it, Geo, you're way tougher than I was when I read it to mine...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I liked the ending, where Harry lets his son know what he really thinks of Snape.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I liked the ending, where Harry lets his son know what he really thinks of Snape.
It's all in the name, isn't it? ;)
*oof* Are TOO! *Swats that behind as it walks away*
*stops, turns around and decks Caver*

That ... is mine. No touchy, no decky. Punch me back if you want, but leave my *** alone. :D

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
*stops, turns around and decks Caver*

That ... is mine. No touchy, no decky. Punch me back if you want, but leave my *** alone. :D

:erg: looks up from the floor dazed... thinking... "she likes me, she really really likes me, she really is my friend!"

Nah, I don't punch girls. Might hurt 'em, heh :uhyeah: ............... :uhohh:

Attachments

• $mouse.gif
    71.6 KB · Views: 210

Latest Discussions