Spider-man

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Spider-man = Gooooood movie.

I rarely get to see movies in the theater nowadays due to my hyperactive 2-year old, but I'm glad we saw this one. As a Spidey fan, I've been waiting for this one for literally decades.

Makes the 'Batman' movies look like poop (and I'm a big Batman fan).

Cthulhu

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Cthulhu

Spider-man = Gooooood movie.

I rarely get to see movies in the theater nowadays due to my hyperactive 2-year old, but I'm glad we saw this one. As a Spidey fan, I've been waiting for this one for literally decades.

Makes the 'Batman' movies look like poop (and I'm a big Batman fan).

Cthulhu

On a 5 star scale, how many would you give it?

I heard that he didn't have mechanical web shooters, he had
some kind of natural web shooting ability.

B

bscastro

I'm looking forward to seeing Spider Man. I had a discussion with my instructor and another student about comic book movies and how they've evolved. i heard they're making a Hulk movie which would be cool. But we had a couple neat points:
1. Remember how bad the older movies were, like the old Spider Man movies and Captain America?
2. What comics would be cool to make into movies: We had a couple, including Daredevil, Fantastic Four, and a new Superman movie.

Bryan

K

Kirk

Originally posted by bscastro

I'm looking forward to seeing Spider Man. I had a discussion with my instructor and another student about comic book movies and how they've evolved. i heard they're making a Hulk movie which would be cool. But we had a couple neat points:
1. Remember how bad the older movies were, like the old Spider Man movies and Captain America?
2. What comics would be cool to make into movies: We had a couple, including Daredevil, Fantastic Four, and a new Superman movie.

Bryan

Funny you should say that. Hulk, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four
are all in production right now ... I think I heard something
about another Dr Strange happening too. Put your favorite
comic title in the search on the Internet Movie Database and you'll be surprised how
many are coming out. I guess the financial success of the Xmen
spawned something.

On the subject of poorly made ones, Did any of you see the
Punisher with Dolph Lundgren (sp?) ? YUCK!

S

Shinzu

spider man was an excellent movie. a must see. i would see it again.

marvel did a fantastic job :)

G

GouRonin

I'm pretty sure I saw Spidey doing some systema.
:rolleyes:

However I did read the article in Black Belt Magazine with Benny "The Jet" U. He was involved in the movie apparently as well.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

However I did read the article in Black Belt Magazine with Benny "The Jet" U. He was involved in the movie apparently as well.

It sounded as though he had won an actual role in a sequel ("The Bird" I think they said--could that be the Vulture?).

I liked it well enough, though I thought the acting was so-so and parts of the web-slinging looked like a video game. Randy "Macho Man" Savage was a nice addition.

S

Shinzu

a sequel would be very cool. i heard it is schedueled for 2004. there are a bunch of villians to re-create. i am looking forward to it :)

F

fist of fury

The movie was awesome and they had a trailer for the Hulk movie that's coming out next year.

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard last night in an interview with Toby McGwire that there are 2 sequels that have been signed with him so far..

gr00vy :D

K

Kirk

Interesting piece of trivia here. Stan Lee, the creator of
SpiderMan gets squat for all the Spidey hype. He was just
a salaried employee working for Marvel when he created all these
super heroes. Small Amount of fame, though.

Judo_Kid

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That Movie rocks. I like the way Spider-man Do webspitting.
But I didn't see Shocker and Dr.Reptile. and the worst enemy Venom. Well that movie is cool!

:EG:

Latest Discussions