Sparring Hand Grabs

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
OP didn't really say where she is training, what's she's doing or as others have pointed out, didn't really give context for the sparring she is doing.

Based on her screen name, I'm assuming that she is a Wing Chun player, so I wouldn't advise boxing or grappling responses to a wrist grab. If my assumption on that point is incorrect, disregard my opinion. Though I realize cross training is always the answer for some, there are wing chun solutions to wrist grabs and some of them have been provided in response.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OP didn't really say where she is training, what's she's doing or as others have pointed out, didn't really give context for the sparring she is doing.

Based on her screen name, I'm assuming that she is a Wing Chun player, so I wouldn't advise boxing or grappling responses to a wrist grab. If my assumption on that point is incorrect, disregard my opinion. Though I realize cross training is always the answer for some, there are wing chun solutions to wrist grabs and some of them have been provided in response.

Is double hand grabs wing chun though?

If the other guy wants to go off reservation. Then they deserve the fight they get.