Sparring Gloves

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I need a new pair of sparring gloves to cycle out and alongside my old Fairtex Kronk gloves (I can't seem to find this model any more and was told by a boxing mate I train with they are no longer made : ( ).

I want a good and padded sparring glove, not bag or competition glove (I will be using a little bit on bag but primarily it is sparring and pad work, I have bag gloves at home). I was looking at Cleyto Reyes but have been told that while these are beautiful, they are more compact than some brands and as a result the long term padding may not be on par as to other top lines. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience on that?

I am looking at some Rival gloves - namely the RS11V Evolution. I am probably going to purchase these but wanted to know if anyone had experience with them or the Rivals brand in general for long term sparring?

Thanks so much in advance for any comments!!
Zero

The Great Gigsy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey Zero, I have owned a pair of Rival sparring gloves for the better part of 2 years and have been happy with the product. Hope this helps.

OP
Zero

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Zero, I have owned a pair of Rival sparring gloves for the better part of 2 years and have been happy with the product. Hope this helps.
Thanks, yes, much appreciated. I talked to another mate who boxes and he rates them, so I am going to grab a pair.

I am also going to try something a little different and am going to buy a set of those gel wrap gloves and see how they compare to wraps. I hear a lot of mixed comments on these versus old school and gel wraps and am going to try them out. Here's to not busting a hand. : )

Latest Discussions