Sparring Accidents

DarrenJew

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The only thing I have is a bent pinky on my right hand that will not straighten out... I contribute to jamming it while blocking a kick... maybe a few lost brain cells from holding the kicking shield... frankly I'd rather be kicked sparring than holding that kicking shield... atleast you can attempt to counter the kick in sparring.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
asangria said:
I wondered about it myself until I realize it sure beats playing golf. (no offense to golfers).
Matter of opinion on how much work/finances, workout time lost, leisure, and medical you have........ "FOUR" :)

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Chozen One said:
(2) As a Brown belt sparring a Black belt, we both went to do round house kicks and simultaneously slammed each other’s shins that was also rather painful.

That happened to me last wednsday night. I was sparring a high red belt. This guy is known to not have much control, so I was hitting him as hard as he was hitting me. He backed off after I got him with a sweet roundhouse to the midsection and knocked the wind out of him (even with a chest protector on). He came at me again, and we both attemped to do a roundhouse at the same time, and connected shins ...... Ouch! We both have purple shins still (a week later) LOL

I also just remembered someone else who got injured. It wasn't during sparring, but breaking. He was testing for BB. He had to do a three board knife hand stike. Mind you, this guy was big and buff. I thought he would break those boards like a hot knife through butter .... Nope. He broke his hand instead (didn't use proper technique and rolled his hand).

Latest Discussions