Soup for 31 days

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps. Through the myriad opinions on diets, would a fresh soup diet work. Thinking of adding fish as a 11'sey and soup as the main lunch. Teatime not sure, but there will be no bread, but thinking riveta or rye bread as a replacement. Breakfast I thinking yogurt with fruit. Banana and apples are my faves.

I have told that berry's have good antioxidant properties that are great with porridge oats. The one thing I am still struggling with is the salt intake. Would a salt supplement be tangible enough? I want to make fish as the primary meat source, but maybe use sea salt or non processed salt with the fish, in this case mackerel and salmon.

Not a nutrition expert, but would value some opinions from you guys and girls. This is an area I am really lacking in. I pretty much know pasta and that is it. Thoughts :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not one for fad diets, I do stumble across some that have some benefits for a very select few people. But I do regard the CSIRO as a reputable source.

yeah It is not the super la de da weight cutting one our guys use. But there is a difference in aims. That one is fine for just functional weight loss.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your goal with this diet?

To drop a bit of weight, but with food stuff I can enjoy eating, but at the same time motivate myself to continuing. I have been told today about a slimming club based over here. They use terminology non calorie based. Rather than calorie counting, it like postive and negative. Need to get the bumpf myself, but you put the two together I believe. So you could have three positives, but one negative as a treat. You follow a crib sheet as it were.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah It is not the super la de da weight cutting one our guys use. But there is a difference in aims. That one is fine for just functional weight loss.

Don't forget though that I do not compete like yourself or your guys. My needs will be lesser impact. But all good information to wade through :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't forget though that I do not compete like yourself or your guys. My needs will be lesser impact. But all good information to wade through :)

that is what i assumed. The csiro diet will do really well for you.

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Use a smaller plate. Eat slowly and relax, chew your food well. That will be enough for starters and drink lots of water. As for fad diets. That is what they are a fad.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use a smaller plate. Eat slowly and relax, chew your food well. That will be enough for starters and drink lots of water. As for fad diets. That is what they are a fad.

Yes good advice. I know about that one. I have a smaller bowl to use as well :)

Latest Discussions