Something achieved

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I began the day with 2 hrs of meditation. I just turned on the stereo and listened to the background music of Scottish Bagpipes. Well I-Tunes to be exacting.
I know in the movies they always talk about enlightenment and so on.
I always thought it malarky the way it sounded so cheesy.
Well I am going to tell you I felt like an aura outside of myself. I went outside with two katanas and did the chong ji hyung with them. 10 sets of that.
I went back inside and did 500 chest reps in under an hour. Followed by 500 ab and lower back reps.
I did a few hours of physical therapy, all the time focusing on a "Happy Place" in pure concentration and total focus of attempting motor/mechnical perfection on each technique.
Yes it is easy to focus that hard, the type where you believe you are actually see yourself doing during your endeavor. Always, I mean always keep your vision on target with goal or it won't work.

I guess it is the part to where I really began to realize my full potential has really just beginning.
Funny, I have a realization as this after my military career. But better late than never right?

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I already responded to this on the Taekwondo forum, but I just wanted to comment that I checked out your school's website. Very nice!

Daniel

jkembry

Black Belt
Reaction score
A long time ago, I used meditation in the mornings as a way to start my day. After a while in the rush...rush world, I somehow lost it. Now since starting martial arts, I am finding that I am meditating again...to a point...usually while on the commuter train to and from work.

Now if I can get in the habit on the weekends. I have also found that after some of my training sessions, I feel an inner peace that meditation gives me. So perhaps training is a form of meditation too.

- Jeff -

Latest Discussions