Someone actually bought this movie...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Wow, that took real guts to admit that you paid theatre dollars to see it.
I was thinking that I was young and my parents paid, but looking at the year (1985), I must have paid my own way! How embarrassing. In my defense...nah, I give up.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I was thinking that I was young and my parents paid, but looking at the year (1985), I must have paid my own way! How embarrassing. In my defense...nah, I give up.
Hey, we all have our share of watching stuff like that.

hammer

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Boar Man said:
I thought the red ninja guy was Arron Noris, Chuck's younger brother.
Hey I think you might be right!! curious now to find out which was Richard Norton's first movie debut.

Cheers.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm, is this really General Self Defense, not something for the Rec Room? Are we saying that Gymkata is the Ultimate Martial Art? :)

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Hmmm, is this really General Self Defense, not something for the Rec Room? Are we saying that Gymkata is the Ultimate Martial Art? :)
I wonder if one can get Sokeship in it?

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember when GymKata first came out. It actually got a fair number of gymnasts into the martial arts for self defense. Kurt Thomas did a fair job considering he never studied martial arts before the movie.

This was a big jump for him to try, coming off the competitive gymanstics circuit to try acting would be difficult, but to do so in a field you know nothing about would be near impossible.

While I found the story to be bad, the acting to be worse, I have seen worse acting.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
Kurt Thomas did a fair job considering he never studied martial arts before the movie.
I agree.

While I found the story to be bad, the acting to be worse
They had acting in it? I must have blinked! :D

Seriously, you're right--he did a fair job considering, and it could've been worse. Call it a guilty pleasure.

Latest Discussions