Some Wednesday Night Sparring

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Enjoyed the video.

Don’t know if you are aware....but next year they are moving nationals and worlds to Texas.

Nationals will be in Houston and Worlds will be in Fort Worth.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why is the woman student not wearing feet gear?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Shame on you, bro.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
What is the protective gear for?
To protect the other person. Not the one wearing it. Other than head gear which protects both, one from cuts the other to prevent injuries to the hand.
Exactly in my opinion it should be a mandatory thing. Either everyone wears them or no one wears them. There should be set rules about protective gear not just letting people do what they want

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Exactly in my opinion it should be a mandatory thing. Either everyone wears them or no one wears them. There should be set rules about protective gear not just letting people do what they want

Generally we run with no gear = no contact.

There's slight leeway of sorts - like if you don't have foot gear you don't kick, and if you don't have a gumshield (or headgear) your opponent isn't allowed head shots.

There's a couple of us that do light/medium with no gear - but imo that takes a bit of trust and experience if you're only doing it for a bit of a giggle, and we do set our own 'extra' rules.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
So If a student tells you they don't want to wear gloves they'd be allowed to spar bare knuckle then would they?

Our rules are as follows. The only thing mandatory is a mouth piece. If no gloves punches to face are not allowed. It’s light to moderate contact. She is also training to compete in his tournament we’re you are only allowed to wear gloves.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score

Yes , I understand. We’re a college club. Most of the students aren’t local there’s only three of us in town right now. Things are more casual at the moment . Are you always this opinionated ?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Our rules are as follows. The only thing mandatory is a mouth piece. If no gloves punches to face are not allowed. It’s light to moderate contact. She is also training to compete in his tournament we’re you are only allowed to wear gloves.
Wow....that's naive to think sparring will always stay nice and light to moderate. Also the risk of an accidental punch to the face out of instinct...in my opinion you should change because if someone gets seriously injured in there and you didn't make them wear protective gear you'll be liable for it if they decide to sue.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes , I understand. We’re a college club. Most of the students aren’t local there’s only three of us in town right now. Things are more casual at the moment . Are you always this opinionated ?
Yeah I am. Problem?

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow....that's naive to think sparring will always stay nice and light to moderate. Also the risk of an accidental punch to the face out of instinct...in my opinion you should change because if someone gets seriously injured in there and you didn't make them wear protective gear you'll be liable for it if they decide to sue.
Sue me