Some useful (tongue in cheek) advice

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I read this a few weeks ago, and it's great. It's a lighthearted response to some of the common myths regarding Jiu Jitsu.

JiuJiuBJJ

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Okay - is it just me, or are their belts tied incorrectly?

It wasn't my cup of tea, although I have to admit that the eye-patch wearing thug made me grin. Who is your target audience? Is this in general aimed at men in BJJ or guys thinking about doing BJJ? I get a feeling it is not women in BJJ (not a criticism, just an educated guess).

OP
Tony Dismukes

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay - is it just me, or are their belts tied incorrectly?

It wasn't my cup of tea, although I have to admit that the eye-patch wearing thug made me grin. Who is your target audience? Is this in general aimed at men in BJJ or guys thinking about doing BJJ? I get a feeling it is not women in BJJ (not a criticism, just an educated guess).

I'd guess their target audience is anyone who is likely to be amused by their silliness. Now that you mention it, I suspect that would mostly be guys who practice BJJ. A lot of the jokes would probably go over the head of anyone not involved in the art and at least some of the material seems to be aimed more at men than at women. (Actually the "crazy girlfriend" bit was annoying to me even as a guy, but I suspect some guys would find it amusing.)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just kidding.
Do not take this book too seriously. It’s like a friendly roll: part serious,
part experimental, and part humor. We hope that you have as much fun
reading it as we did writing it.

Might be a hint, there...

JiuJiuBJJ

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I in no way took this seriously. It was obviously comedy. But at the same time, I didn't feel this was marketed toward me, a woman in BJJ. That's not an accusation or an offense - target audiences are important. I was simply asking who the target audience was.