Some speed punching numbers...

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For everyone else who may be interested in seeing a punch before it's actually a punch. You can see Floyd Mayweather react before the punch becomes a punch. You'll need to watch it in slow motion because you have to look for 2 things at one. The movement before the punch and the punch itself. You can see Mayweather keep his eyes on his opponent, he doesn't block much of his field of vision which allows him to see a lot of movement. You'll also see reactions to a punch that they see coming but don't have enough time to get out of the way. Sometimes the reaction is just a brace for impact reaction, where the eyes squint in preparation for the impact. You'll also see examples where the brain doesn't perceive the punch as a punch.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For everyone else who may be interested in seeing a punch before it's actually a punch. You can see Floyd Mayweather react before the punch becomes a punch. You'll need to watch it in slow motion because you have to look for 2 things at one. The movement before the punch and the punch itself. You can see Mayweather keep his eyes on his opponent, he doesn't block much of his field of vision which allows him to see a lot of movement. You'll also see reactions to a punch that they see coming but don't have enough time to get out of the way. Sometimes the reaction is just a brace for impact reaction, where the eyes squint in preparation for the impact. You'll also see examples where the brain doesn't perceive the punch as a punch.

its,say on the video, that Floyd anticipates the punch, not that he reacts before its thrown, why are you posting vids that disagree with yourself? Didn't you watch it first ?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't need to do anything. You have 3 choices. Believe what I say. Don't believe what I say, Or do your own research.

no i have one choice and three options from which to choose, if your making claims you can't support, i choose not to believe you

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
its,say on the video, that Floyd anticipates the punch, not that he reacts before its thrown
And yet you do not watch with your own eyes to see what he actually does.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
its,say on the video, that Floyd anticipates the punch, not that he reacts before its thrown, why are you posting vids that disagree with yourself? Didn't you watch it first ?
Juan Manuel Marquez (lost by unanimous decision, September 19, 2009)
"Mayweather's reaction time is amazing. He sees what you are about to throw and is out of there before you can punch."
- Juan Manuel Marquez

The fighters who've lost to Floyd Mayweather explain why he's so impossible to beat

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Juan Manuel Marquez (lost by unanimous decision, September 19, 2009)
"Mayweather's reaction time is amazing. He sees what you are about to throw and is out of there before you can punch."
- Juan Manuel Marquez

The fighters who've lost to Floyd Mayweather explain why he's so impossible to beat
Your putting a quote up from a boxer, who doesn't have English as a first language and quite possibly has brain damage as proof of a scientific concept, ? Can you find an actual scientist ?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Where's the bIt that backs up your claim that you can measure reaction time with out any movement ?
Where did I say this.

Your putting a quote up from a boxer, who doesn't have English as a first language and quite possibly has brain damage as proof of a scientific concept,
I didn't make the quote. That was a quote from someone who did professional boxing so if you don't like it, then you need to take it up with him.

Can you find an actual scientist ?
Not for you. I already gave you more than enough to get you started on your own research.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
post 21,,,,,, you sai
Where did I say this.

I didn't make the quote. That was a quote from someone who did professional boxing so if you don't like it, then you need to take it up with him.

Not for you. I already gave you more than enough to get you started on your own research.
post 21,,,,,you said you can react with out movement, I'm trying to find out how you measure reaction WITH OUT movement

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
post 21,,,,,, you sai

post 21,,,,,you said you can react with out movement, I'm trying to find out how you measure reaction WITH OUT movement
What I said in Post 21 is still not the same as what you are claiming that I said. My exact words "You do not have to move in order to react." nothing in this statement is close to your statement below. Nothing in my statement has anything to do with measuring anything.

Where's the bIt that backs up your claim that you can measure reaction time with out any movement ?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well your post 21 is nonsense then, if you react with out moving you must be able to measure it or you haven't reacted, have you?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well your post 21 is nonsense then, if you react with out moving you must be able to measure it or you haven't reacted, have you?
It's only nonsense to you because you assume that there is only one way to react.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If it can't be measured, it does not exist, that's one of the main scientific objectIons to god.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If it can't be measured, it does not exist, that's one of the main scientific objectIons to god.
Once again. I never said anything about measuring reaction.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know, you said You can react, with out movement

I said that's impossible, as it can't be measured.

Try and remember who said what,

So now we are still waiting for you evidence of reaction with out movement

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I know, you said You can react, with out movement

I said that's impossible, as it can't be measured.

Try and remember who said what,

So now we are still waiting for you evidence of reaction with out movement
the only person that seems to waiting is you. No one else has asked for proof.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I didn't ask for proof, I asked for evidence, there a huge difference between the two
If you want evidence then do the google searches and read the research and studies.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you want evidence then do the google searches and read the research and studies.
I don't need evidence, I know it's not true, a negative can't be proved, I want you to admit you made a wild statement that you can't provided any evidence for and are no wriggling to get out of.

Latest Discussions