Some serious m.a. .......... dance moves?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that must be Folsom Smedry.

(Bonus nerd points to anyone who gets that reference.)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I know Folsom's cousin, Elaine.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and I'm still laughing.

Ok, all, so @gpseymour asked me to translate this for everyone. Here goes... Please make sure you are sitting down and do not eat or drink as you read this, while watching the video. I'll break this down to match the pauses in the narrative... more or less.

I want you all to know this wasn't easy and I invested myself in this project, as a professional translator with over 70 translated publication under my belt.

"This is one of the most top-secret places in Russia. It's official name is 'the Center for Non-traditional Medicine. But, in reality, this is the place where Russian Special Forces achieve their nearly super-human abilities.

"Suffice it to say, the center staff demonstrate all the experiments they engage in with themselves as the lab subjects.

"These are truly unique shots, although you might have seen them before in movies.

"And this is how they begin [time stamp 0:44]. These are those very super-humans. Continue watching only if you have strong nerves.

"No, this doesn't look very aesthetically pleasing. These are not the same green youths you've seen earlier. These are the lessons the philosophy of survival begins with.

"This is how these human predators train. This is what one of them called the Special Force's example of Darwin's theory about the survival of the fittest. [time stamp 1:48]. An ordinary person could not survive this. As you can see, even these specially trained men are having a rough time.

"What you see here is unique [time stamp 2:06]. This information is strictly controlled.

"[time stamp 2:28] It looks very impressive, of course.

"An American Navy Seal could not believe what he was seeing. And our Special Forces demonstrated the theory of survival to him - just like that. [time stamp 2:44]"

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
OH wow... That was hilarious... thank you for sharing I still have tears XD

@JR 137 I think I've found my next kata to learn! Although it does sound pretty top secret... (thanks for that brilliant translation @AngryHobbit!)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH wow... That was hilarious... thank you for sharing I still have tears XD

@JR 137 I think I've found my next kata to learn! Although it does sound pretty top secret... (thanks for that brilliant translation @AngryHobbit!)
Good idea. I think I'll require this for yellow belt (an inside joke with @AngryHobbit - everything is a requirement for yellow belt).

Michele123

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ok. This totally reminded me of my teen years. I was trying out for a musical. Part of the audition was to spontaneously dance to this music they put on. I was never much for doing anything spontaneously and had heard several times that martial arts were similar to dance. So I tried to do Pinan Shodan in a loose way to the music.

I didn’t get the part. ><

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok. This totally reminded me of my teen years. I was trying out for a musical. Part of the audition was to spontaneously dance to this music they put on. I was never much for doing anything spontaneously and had heard several times that martial arts were similar to dance. So I tried to do Pinan Shodan in a loose way to the music.

I didn’t get the part. ><

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I keep forgetting who said that martial arts are just like dancing, except in the end, the other person falls down. :)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I keep forgetting who said that martial arts are just like dancing, except in the end, the other person falls down. :)

If I'm "the other person", then by that definition there's no difference 'twixt martial arts and dancing...