Solo training at home

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
That may be a good idea. I have a fixed routine. Sometime I feel that I have lived 1 year of my life just like I live 1 day of my life. The problem is I don't know how to change my routine. Everything that I do today, I still want to do it 10 years from today. I can only add in. I don't know how to take it off. Anything that I take off, I may lose it forever.

Ah yeah I know what you mean hehe, I definitely tend to do that... I keep adding stuff and they just get longer and longer.

I reckon alternate certain drills and exercises. You can even split the routine in half, and do half today, the rest in 48 hours. You won't lose anything by doing it that way.

Even if a certain drill is done once a week or even week and a half, it's still enough to maintain and build on that skill (of course it depends on the drill). Prioritise what you feel is important, and accessory stuff can be a bit more spread out and alternated. That way it keeps things fresh and exciting to get to change up the routine and work on different things.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You do know that situps are really bad for your back right?

For the rest respect for your dedication and most people don't even have the time.
I have done 80 situps daily for the past 30 years. So far my back is fine. Since my retirement, MA training became my full time job.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Even if a certain drill is done once a week or even week and a half, it's still enough to maintain and build on that skill (of course it depends on the drill).
When you get older (say 70), to maintain your MA skill/ability will take you twice as much time compare to when you were young.

First, you can no longer run 10 minutes a mile. You have to slow down. So your 3 miles running time will be increased. Your body are not as flexibility as you were. You need much more time to stretch.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
When you get older (say 70), to maintain your MA skill/ability will take you twice as much time compare to when you were young.

First, you can no longer run 10 minutes a mile. You have to slow down. So your 3 miles running time will be increased. Your body are not as flexibility as you were. You need much more time to stretch.

Ah okay fair enough, I guess it does depend on the drill, and for sure paying more attention to stretching becomes important. If it works for you that's the main but thing :)

Latest Discussions