So Martial Arts isn't Boy Scouts

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If girls should be allowed into the Boy Scouts what's the point of having the Girl Scouts? For some reason I never hear of a transgender wanting into the Girl Scouts. My. 02 is that I believe a number of these cases are more about making a political statement than they are about actually wanting into the organization.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If girls should be allowed into the Boy Scouts what's the point of having the Girl Scouts? For some reason I never hear of a transgender wanting into the Girl Scouts. My. 02 is that I believe a number of these cases are more about making a political statement than they are about actually wanting into the organization.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Wait what?

You don't have girls in the scouts?

Seems very 1950s to be honest.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who exactly do you think doesn't care about rank? I never said that, and I don't recall anyone saying that directly in any thread. A lot of the people who disagree with your views on the topic are high dan grade instructors and examiners. I think that is an incorrect assumption you may have made.

It is the assumption that focusing on rank is somehow less martial arty than training without focusing on it.

Dirty dog has pretty much said it outright by the way.

For me if rank gets you training then focus the hell out of it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts for Boys and Brownies and Girl Scouts for Girls.....

We have mixed Scouts, Cubs and Beavers but we also have girl only Guiding.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
The older scouting groups (Explorer, high adventure, etc) have been mixed for a long time.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Girl Scouts in the USA are a money laundering front for the mob, I think. At least, having been the "cookie mom" for my older daughter's brownie troop a few years back, that was my impression. I may be mistaken.

At least they are putting back into the community. Like those hells angels charity events.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who exactly do you think doesn't care about rank? I never said that, and I don't recall anyone saying that directly in any thread. A lot of the people who disagree with your views on the topic are high dan grade instructors and examiners. I think that is an incorrect assumption you may have made.
There's been people on this forum who've made it quite clear they don't care about rank. They just care about the training and they don't care to pursue any belts or titles. Im not saying that's good or bad as its entirely a matter of opinion, but there've been people on this forum that have said that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's been people on this forum who've made it quite clear they don't care about rank. They just care about the training and they don't care to pursue any belts or titles. Im not saying that's good or bad as its entirely a matter of opinion, but there've been people on this forum that have said that.

And?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts for Boys and Brownies and Girl Scouts for Girls.....
There was a Supreme Court ruling a long time ago-when there are no girl groups, but a boy group exists, girls can join, and vice versa.....in most places, though, even the smallest, there are groups for both genders...

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have liked to have been a Sea Scout back in the day, or a Sea Cadet whichever is applicable. My swimming skill was almost non existent, still is really. Had to stick with a Otter Dinghy on a local reservoir. When your a kid, anything can be a battle wagon.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I had heard about the Sea Scouts in high school when I was a boy scout, but was busy enough with Boy Scouts and Explorers that I really didn't have the time for it, but I just found out that this is what the Seattle Sea Scout group is training on:
img_00071.jpg

And just have to say, that it would have been a wonderful opportunity.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I was answering Gnarlie when he said there wasn't anybody who didn't care about rank.

You needed to tell us that or use the quote function, it looked like a random comment apropos nothing.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wasn't an answer though was it? It was one of your statements we are supposed to agree with.
There are people on this forum who don't care about rank. I don't think I need to mention names but there have been people who have made that clear. Are you telling me you don't believe that?