So in the UFC...

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the US, just look at the demographics. The UFC and the WWE share the same marketshare as each other as far as age group and who views it. Males 18-35 years old. You can bet that the UFC is going to take a page out of there book on marketing etc.

The other thing about fighters rankings etc. and a title fight. Overall, they mean nothing. The UFC will book many fights based on it's draw appeal and PPV buys. If a fighter is very popular with the fans and is a #5, they will book him a title fight before he loses and bumps his rank or popularity. Unlike boxing organizations, the UFC doesn't really have any "mandatory challengers" that their champs HAVE to fight. Granted, they usually do try to get #1 and #2 for the title fights, but if money overrides it they will (case in point, Carano vs. Roussey).

It also depends on who is ready to fight. And who is willing to fight.

Jason Norin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If the # 5 ranked fighter beats the #10 ranked fighter he gets a title fight.
??????
Beating the 10th ranked puts you in position to fight the #1!

Yes; it makes complete sense.

Sometimes I think UFC matchmakers are the reasons why the word "Mystery" is created. :)

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One thing I disagree with strongly is that MMA fight nights or even weigh ins is not a place to bring young children.

I don't know Connor though I do know his coach, he's brought fighters over several times for us. The thing with Connor I think is that he's in a long tradition of 'fighting Irish', where they are very aggressive both in and out of the ring, [edit]. He came into MMA from boxing rather than martial arts although he has trained in some. His BJJ belt is from his coach John....
|
Whatever the source, CM's striking is on a level above the conventional MMA plateau. His KO record has got to be among the best out there.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
|
Whatever the source, CM's striking is on a level above the conventional MMA plateau. His KO record has got to be among the best out there.

He is quite ferocious. :)

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He is quite ferocious. :)
|
Well, I have been speaking out quite a bit on karate striking, no one's really noticed [sob].
|
I see a lot of 'good stuff' in McGregor's striking game--UFC speak that is...

Latest Discussions