Snow Tracks Catches Burglars

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
From the Stupid Criminals files...
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jan/11/burglary-suspects-caught-in-their-snow-tracks/
Dalton, Ga., police thanked Old Man Winter early Monday for helping nab two suspects in a liquor store burglary.
Police said they arrested and charged Sebastian Alexander Love, 19, and Adrian Lynn Estrada, 19, both of Dalton, after following footprints in the snow right to the men's door.
"I guess a lot of the criminal element down here in Dalton doesn't change its game plan for the weather," said police spokesman Bruce Frazier.
Around 4 a.m. Monday, officers were called to Cox's Liquor store on East Walnut Avenue, where someone had broken the glass front door and swiped liquor.

At the scene, officers found footprints in the snow leading around to the back of the store, then to a path through the trees behind the building. The footprints led to one of the front doors at Murray Avenue Apartments.
Talk about young and stupid.

Bikewr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Whenever I see one of these, I wonder whatever happened to our "frontier" heritage when Davy Crockett or Hawkeye could track the bad guys by bent blades of grass....

I handled one of those some years back... Residential burglary in a cul-de-sac with tracks leading across the common ground. I assumed that I would just find where the burglars had parked their car, but not so. The tracks led to a garage on the next street over and the two young high-school lads were inside going over their loot....
They were very surprised....

Latest Discussions