Snake Eyes from GI Joe has been cast!

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was not sure where to post this so I put it in te General section. Anyways, for the upcoming GI Joe movie they have chosen their Snake Eyes. Their Choice? Darth Maul, Ray Park himself!

I think as a martial artist he can pull off the cool fighting scenes though we'll get another ninja being played by a karateka. My only problem with it is Ray Park is kinda short to play Snake Eyes in my eyes.

Here's more: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34976

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
They seem to be casting some good people for this movie. I was worried about the bad press I read when it first came out about them renaming what "GI Joe" meant and it being an international thing out of Brussels.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was not sure where to post this so I put it in te General section. Anyways, for the upcoming GI Joe movie they have chosen their Snake Eyes. Their Choice? Darth Maul, Ray Park himself!

I think as a martial artist he can pull off the cool fighting scenes though we'll get another ninja being played by a karateka. My only problem with it is Ray Park is kinda short to play Snake Eyes in my eyes.

Kinda short? Dude, have you seen Lord Of The Rings? If they can make tall people short then I'm sure they can make short people tall...(like Tom Cruise) ahh the wonders of computer technology.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am just happy that my favorite GI JOE character, that being Snake Eyes, is going to be in the show

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I think if Wolverine can be played by a guy who is 6' tall, Snake Eyes can be played by a guy who is 5'6" (I'm guessing here), besides all the action figures were the same size. :D

Lamont

OP
Omar B

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kinda short? Dude, have you seen Lord Of The Rings? If they can make tall people short then I'm sure they can make short people tall...(like Tom Cruise) ahh the wonders of computer technology.

I hear what your saying man, but that's a lot of special effects dollars being spent to have someone who's 5'5 look 6'2. It's not a LOTR situation where the Hobbits are tiny and everyone else is huge, there's no getting around that, in the case of GI Joe I think it would have been easier to cast someone who's actually the hight he should be.

I've got no problem with Park, as a lifelong Star Wars fan I love his work as Darth Maul. No doubt he could pull off the flashy martial arts, my only question is the hight.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
"At last we will reveal ourselves to GI Joe! At last we will have revenge!"

Hopefully he will have more than 2 lines this time.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score

It si my understanding that he was not allowed to speak any lines in Episode 1. They said his voice wa not menacing enough and they dubbed his lines in.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ray Park is not a karateka! He is CMA. He's Glaswegian too which is what makes him tough not MA lol!

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu

You DO remember that due to an injury on his first mission trying to save Scarlett from a burning, about-to-explode Huey, Snake-Eyes can't talk anymore, right? (later in the series in the newer Devil's Due Publishing series in production now, they WERE able to reconstruct his face but nothing could be done about his vocal cords).

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
I have my own issues with the whole Brussels thing, but that aside:

If they MUST go forward with this, and they HAVE chosen an acceptable Snake Eyes, the question must now be answered:

Who will be their choice for Storm Shadow?

Because you CANNOT have Snake-Eyes without Storm Shadow. It's practically illegal since their lives are so intertwined.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

If they MUST go forward with this, and they HAVE chosen an acceptable Snake Eyes, the question must now be answered:

Because you CANNOT have Snake-Eyes without Storm Shadow. It's practically illegal since their lives are so intertwined.

True. They could pick from the cast of "Last Samurai". Tom Cruise excluded, of course.

As for Ray Park's voice, I agree, who cares? Snake Eyes plays a mute for 99.44% of his time in GI Joe (he said "Scarlet" once). Park's funny looking mug would also have a balaclava on it all the time. He just needs to pantomime and kick high. It's a good choice, IMO.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

He probably doesn't look Japanese enough, but I'd go for Mark Dacascos, the guy has the skills, and since he certainly isn't an A (or even B) list name, he might come cheap. :D

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Excellent choise. Short or not, he pulled off playing the headless horseman making him really intimidating in Sleepy Hollow. I`ve little doubt he can fill the shoes of Snake Eyes.

Who is going to be Storm Shadow? I think Isaiah Washington who fought Jet Li in Romeo must Die would be great.

Latest Discussions