Smurf Blue Dye?

P

Patrick Skerry

According to the IJF: "The official colour standards for Judogi blue are between pantone numbers No. 18-4051 and No. 18-4039 on the TP panton scale and between No. 285 or No. 286 on the print pantone scale."

So if your $380.00 blue judogi fades or gets dirty and you need to 're-blue' it, where do you go for a bottle of the above 'smurf blue' dye?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Patrick Skerry said:
According to the IJF: "The official colour standards for Judogi blue are between pantone numbers No. 18-4051 and No. 18-4039 on the TP panton scale and between No. 285 or No. 286 on the print pantone scale."

So if your $380.00 blue judogi fades or gets dirty and you need to 're-blue' it, where do you go for a bottle of the above 'smurf blue' dye?
Wal-mart. They have everything ;)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For a person who does not like blue judogis, why would you wonder about re-dyeing the blue color?

- Ceicei

OP
B

Baytor

Patrick, you don't have to re dye it, the evil of the demons you have to sign a pact with to get the blue gi keeps the blue a fresh, crisp color.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Whats The Big Deal With The Color Blue????
I alway's Thought It was skill that mattered to any Martial Art.

Judo Gene Lebell Sports a PINK Gi
Jimmy Pedro a Black & Yellow

Sport Ju Jitsu(all White) has This Same Problem
All tho They Use White Belt Red Belt Concept

When are Fights hit The Floor We Look Like a Bundel od Laundry
in a dryer. That Y When i compete in MMA I a less Then Formal
Out Fit.

I just do not Understand Y the Color is such a Big Deal

OP
B

Baytor

It's not a big deal. Patrick here is an issue troll. Since the other threads about blue gi's and the $portification of judo have died, he decided to start a new one. Frankly, even I am getting tired of this conversation.

feed_troll.jpg

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

ace said:
Whats The Big Deal With The Color Blue????
I alway's Thought It was skill that mattered to any Martial Art.

Judo Gene Lebell Sports a PINK Gi
Jimmy Pedro a Black & Yellow

Sport Ju Jitsu(all White) has This Same Problem
All tho They Use White Belt Red Belt Concept

When are Fights hit The Floor We Look Like a Bundel od Laundry
in a dryer. That Y When i compete in MMA I a less Then Formal
Out Fit.

I just do not Understand Y the Color is such a Big Deal
It doesn't surprise me that a practitioner of a hybrid martial art would not be concerned about mixed color uniforms.

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

IamBaytor said:
It's not a big deal. Patrick here is an issue troll. Since the other threads about blue gi's and the $portification of judo have died, he decided to start a new one. Frankly, even I am getting tired of this conversation.

feed_troll.jpg
OOHH MYY GOOODNESSS: I DRANK A BOTTLE OF BLUE GI DYE!

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

Ceicei said:
For a person who does not like blue judogis, why would you wonder about re-dyeing the blue color?

- Ceicei
Because all the various tones of faded blue gi's are very annoying. And I was wondering how does one re-tint their very expensive smurf blue judo gi?

OP
B

Baytor

Patrick,

I have never been to a judo tournament, so I will put this question to you and all the people who have.

Have you ever seen a judge or ref running around with a color chart yelling at people for having a substandard shade of color? Really, what is the point of this thread other than to restart a your favorite issue to troll about.

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

IamBaytor said:
Patrick,

I have never been to a judo tournament, so I will put this question to you and all the people who have.

Have you ever seen a judge or ref running around with a color chart yelling at people for having a substandard shade of color? Really, what is the point of this thread other than to restart a your favorite issue to troll about.
You, or your sensei, will receive a verbal rebuke, for dirty or unkept judo gi's or will not be allowed to compete if the gi is much too unkept, including a very faded blue gi. And if somebody has paid $300.00, or more, for a custom fitted Mizuno or Kwon blue gi, chances are they are simply not going to toss it and buy another one.

SO HOW DO YOU REPAIR YOUR EXPENSIVE AND VERY FADED BLUE GI? But since you've never been to a judo tournament, why are you spending so much time on a judo thread?

OP
B

Baytor

I see. I would recomend using a detergent that is color safe then. Proper care in the wash should help, I would imagine. So, I guess my bottom line is take good care of it.

As to why I spend so much time here in the Judo forum when I don't study it...are you suggesting that since I have never been to any tournaments, I am somehow not worthy to be here at Martial Talk at all?

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Patrick Skerry said:
It doesn't surprise me that a practitioner of a hybrid martial art would not be concerned about mixed color uniforms.

I choose to be a Hybrid Martial Artist
Because My Mind is Open.

I have Trained in Traditional & Modern Martial Arts
as Well as Wrestling , KickBoxing Bla Bla Bla

Rather Than go under a Singel Dis or Quote Everything
I've done Since I was 2 it's far Easy to Say What I am
And That is Hybrid. I can go in no matter what Im wearing.
The Color Makes little Difference in the End.
Weather it's Sport or Street it's the Final Score That Matters
Oute GENE LEBELL**

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought the whole purpose (addressed in another one of Patrick's threads) of the white judogi, at its inception, was to eliminate class issues in training. Why then emphasize that a judogi may cost $380.00 - surely another class issue, regardless of color?

Wash in cold water with color-safe detergent to prevent fading.

ETA:

Making a snobbish and arrogant snark about someone else's training does not help you at all. Courtesy would be considerate.

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

IamBaytor said:
I see. I would recomend using a detergent that is color safe then. Proper care in the wash should help, I would imagine. So, I guess my bottom line is take good care of it.

As to why I spend so much time here in the Judo forum when I don't study it...are you suggesting that since I have never been to any tournaments, I am somehow not worthy to be here at Martial Talk at all?
I am inquiring why somebody who spends so much time on a judo thread making rude comments without contributing to the knowledge of judo, or asking intelligent question regarding judo, should spend so much time on a thread that he contributes nothing but harsh criticism of an art he clearly doesn't understand; nor contributes anything worth reading by other Martial Talk readers?

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

Feisty Mouse said:
I thought the whole purpose (addressed in another one of Patrick's threads) of the white judogi, at its inception, was to eliminate class issues in training. Why then emphasize that a judogi may cost $380.00 - surely another class issue, regardless of color?

Wash in cold water with color-safe detergent to prevent fading.
That is a normal and routine procedure for any judo gi, yet the blue gi's do manage to fade over time. So when an IJF smurf blue gi fades to a light shade of windex, and the thing costs over $300.00, how would you Feisty Mouse, re-blue the hideous thing?

P.S. Have you ever donned a uwagi?

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wouldn't speak for the rest of us, Patrick. I enjoy IamBaytor's posts, as I enjoy the vast majority of posters here.

It is your opinion he brings nothing to discussions, but that is only one opinion.

P.S. Have you ever donned a uwagi?
Why do you ask? I'll answer your questions if you answer others' questions.

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

[/QUOTE] It is your opinion he brings nothing to discussions, but that is only one opinion. [/QUOTE]

Errr, I've been initiating the discussions?

So, to remain on-topic, how would you re-dye a badly faded blue gi (obviously you have experience in this subject or else you would be spending so much time on this judo thread, right?).

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you were fun to play with at first, "patrick"....but now you are just becoming rude and snippish now that people have found out your agenda...

i enjoy IamBaytor's posts very much...he may not know much about judo...but he sure can spot a troll...

also, i would stop attacking people's training and experience when you yourself have given no proof as to your own training and experience in judo...